My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Transfer recordings onto USB.

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MikeyMike

Hi
    Has anyone worked out how to transfer a recording from the HDR-1000s onto a USB memory stick please?
    Thanks

| Fri 7 Dec 2012 16:59:47 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum. There is currently no way to export to usb other than files you have uploaded yourself. No guarantee you will ever be able to. DNLA streaming when implemented should allow replay on other kit.

| Fri 7 Dec 2012 17:03:48 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

MikeyMike

Thanks, disappointing about not being able to transfer to USB. I need to look again at the sales info, which I think is misleading.

| Fri 7 Dec 2012 17:07:47 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

dwood

Hi,
    I am a new member and also could see no way of transfering recordings made by the Humax 1000s onto a USB stick or across the network. I phoned Humax and they said it would and the method is in the manual. I could find nothing on this topic in the manual. Very dissappointing as I want to stream from the Humax into my AV receiver so I can watch in another room on a projector. I also interpreted the sales literature as having this capability.

I also wanted access to the 1TB drive on the network so I could share the Drive and archive the recordings for backup but this also seems impossible.

Dave

| Mon 10 Dec 2012 20:13:00 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

There is no way at least at the moment to copy content from the hard disc to usb unless it's content you uploaded from usb yourself. DNLA streaming of content from the box is promised but not yet implemented. THe box will work as a DNLA client though.

| Mon 10 Dec 2012 20:44:34 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

dwood

Thanks,

Yes DNLA client capability verified. I have complete connectivity to three other media servers which are streaming to the Humax with no problems. I run mediatomb on a VU plus linux receiver which allows me to stream its standard .ts files recorded on the VU box 1TB drive directly on to the Humax 1000s.

The VU Plus box is a bit techy for the family so wanted something more friendly hence the Humax. Probably expecting too much of the Humax. I saw your AV forum comments and the encripted disk partition which means we probably will never get access to the individual .ts files.

It would be nice though at least to see the files on the none encripted partition that you have loaded yourself directly on the network.

Dave

| Mon 10 Dec 2012 21:20:25 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

dwood - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks,
    Yes DNLA client capability verified. I have complete connectivity to three other media servers which are streaming to the Humax with no problems. I run mediatomb on a VU plus linux receiver which allows me to stream its standard .ts files recorded on the VU box 1TB drive directly on to the Humax 1000s.
    The VU Plus box is a bit techy for the family so wanted something more friendly hence the Humax. Probably expecting too much of the Humax. I saw your AV forum comments and the encripted disk partition which means we probably will never get access to the individual .ts files.
    It would be nice though at least to see the files on the none encripted partition that you have loaded yourself directly on the network.
    Dave

I would expect at least to be able to stream even encrypted content between suitable boxes from the same stable. You can for instance watch encrypted content recorded on a HDR FOX T2 on the HDR-1000s. Would be surprised if the reverse won't be possible. No reason why the server shouldn't make the partition you can upload content to usable either.

| Mon 10 Dec 2012 21:27:17 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

johanson

Presumably Humax are nervous about copyright issues, although that didn't seem to bother them with the FoxSat HDR which copied recordings to USB, no problem.

Surely it can't be beyond the skills of some clever techy out there to hack into the encrypted partition & give us all the USB facility we thought we were getting when we bought it!????

| Mon 29 Dec 2014 13:03:44 #8 |
  9. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

johanson - 49 minutes ago  » 
    Presumably Humax are nervous about copyright issues, although that didn't seem to bother them with the FoxSat HDR which copied recordings to USB, no problem.

Nowt to do with Humax, it's Freesats box, Freesat's specification, Humax just do as Freesat tell them.

| Mon 29 Dec 2014 13:56:11 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.