My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Transfer ripped DVD`s to Humax

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dufus

I don`t have a lot of time for research so breaking all the rules by requesting either a potted summary of the options/possibilities or a link to same.

The Humax is so much quicker than waiting for my Sony to eject, accept a disc and actually start playing.

Any recommendations for free software for DVD riping into appropriate format etc appreciated.

| Wed 19 Nov 2014 10:45:41 #1 |
  2. Admin

Admin

administrator

No discussion of how to rip DVD's etc permitted on this Forum.

| Wed 19 Nov 2014 10:59:13 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dufus

Apologies, my question was suppose to focus on appropriate formats (MP4 etc?) and methods for transferring a file to the Humax device (FileZilla?). I can take care of the ripping part.

I guess if I can transfer a file from the Humax to the PC then the reverse process should be straightforward. But I`d some reassurance that this is at least possible and there is no watermark placed on the Humax recordings that prevent external data being played.

I fully understand and accept your forum rule regarding DVD ripping and support you in this view. Personally I have no time for copyright theft, although I know of people who do it as a matter of routine. DVD`s in particular can be had for very little money on eBay and drop rapidly in price in the shops now the time between theatrical release and DVD release is so much shorter.

| Wed 19 Nov 2014 14:36:06 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Can only use the HDR FOX T2 as an example. My HDR FOX T2 will play back mpeg2 SD and H264/AVC in a transport stream container via usb. I guess uploading them will work the same. Not tried but I guess you can upload files directly using FTP. If you want enhanced navigation options, like you get with native recordings then Raydons AV2HDR-T2 will create the sidecar files used on native recordings. SD recordings made on a Foxsat-Hdr can be played back.

| Wed 19 Nov 2014 14:57:07 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.