Transfering Recordings to Win 7 64 bit Laptop

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

swedish cook

(deleted wrong forum)

| Tue 22 Mar 2011 19:01:42 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

David T

Son_t, I appreciate you have a lot of time and more invested in your take-the-hood off, direct connection to the HDD methodology, and good on you for that. But for reasons I have given, and others I haven’t, right now that is a non-starter for me. Unfortunately so is getting to grips with and pulling together a load of techie- speak on various websites myself to get the usb method going again.

I'm not concerned with large downloads. I just want to get back to what I had before where I could simply plug the laptop into the front of the hummy and transfer the odd programme (elinker worked OK enough for me).

As someone once said, I don’t have time to learn all about rockets, I just want to go to the moon.

From what you are saying the Hummy techararchy are unlikely to help me with what they consider, with some justification, an inferior methodology.
    Que sera sera, as they say in Birmingham.

| Wed 23 Mar 2011 14:26:14 #11 |
  3. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

So instead of watching The Wedding, I've been trying to make eLinker work on Windows 7 64-bit. Unfortunately, no success

The USB driver for the Humax PVR mass storage device can't be made to work (actually won't install!) on the 64-bit version of Windows 7 - but will happily work on the 32-bit - even with Windows 7 the driver signing verification switched off.

The good news is that Media Controller (GUI) will work with Windows 7 64-bit, which uses the libusb-win32 driver which will install.

A blog post will follow this soon!

| Fri 29 Apr 2011 17:28:19 #12 |
  4. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

Blog post now completed: http://myhumax.org/blog/?p=279

| Tue 3 May 2011 13:08:34 #13 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

David T

We need more Royal Weddings.
    Now up and running. Thanks son_t

| Mon 9 May 2011 12:45:00 #14 |