My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Trouble With HUMAX 2000T

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesS

Hi

I'm very new to using a PVR, so hopefully someone will be able to let me know that the problems I am having are very easy to sort.

I'm having three problems.

The first one is signal related. I have a Samsung TV with freeview built in. This TV has always used the aerial from my loft and had no difficulty picking up any channels. Now that I have the HUMAX, I have put the loft aerial in to the HUMAX and used a cable to connect the TV to the HUMAX. With this set up, I am having trouble picking up signals for channels 1 - 5, and their related channels (BBC3, ITV 2, Channel 4+1, 5*). Because of these issues I bought a plug in signal amplifier and now have the main aerial going in to that, then a cable going from the signal amplifier to the HUMAX. It has made the signal better for most of the channels mentioned above (5 bars strength, 3 bars quality), except for Channel 5 related channels. 5* and 5 USA only have 1 bar for quality and strength of signal.

The next issue I have is recording. I schedule programmes to record while I am at work, and when I arrive home I find that the recordings have failed. When I click on the recorded programme from my Media folder I get the message "Recording Failed: Unable to track signal).

There are times when I press the Media button on the remote and my recordings do not pop up. I have to choose to record something that will begin recording instantly so that I can view what I have already recorded.

Any help to improve these problems will be greatly appreciated.

| Tue 16 Dec 2014 16:04:49 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

1. What software version does the unit have.

2. Do you have any channels listed in the 800 range, this is indicative of being tuned to more then one transmitter, and may necessitate you having to manually tune.

Dependant on reply, myself or other members may be able to help further.

| Tue 16 Dec 2014 16:14:25 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesS

Thank you for your fast reply, Barry.

The software version is UKTFAC 1.01.06

There are two channels in the 800's.
    Channel 800 and Channel 821.

Thanks again.

| Tue 16 Dec 2014 18:55:32 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Software version is the latest

Strange you only have 2 in the 800's normally more then that, however it might be wise to try a manual tune see this post for an explanation on the HDR T2 but it is relevant to your model as well:

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/transmitters#post-2336

| Tue 16 Dec 2014 22:09:54 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.