My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HD FOX T2

tv portal

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

denn oxle

im dennis hope you can help me im new at this I have only been on the internet a few months im having a problem with the tv portal getting error message on my hdr fox t2 tried a few things like up dating software and factory resetting using Ethernet cable not used this harddrive not having any problems with my parasonic harddrive only humax many thanks

| Tue 10 Mar 2015 16:50:45 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Hi Dennis, welcome to the forum,

you need to be on the very latest software available here version 1.03.02 from a few months ago:

http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/products/product_releases.php?gid=589&pid=6

and the only useful thing on portal (worthwhile by the way) is bbc's iplayer

the hd-fox-t2 is pretty old now and I can't imagine there'd be any further updates. The un-official custom firmware is worth a look if you enjoy tinkering, it doesn't bring anything new to portal though.

| Tue 10 Mar 2015 17:07:57 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

denn oxle

Many thanks damian I tend to agree with you ive had it in the box since I got the parasonic which gives me you tube and iplayer but not much else in the bedroom. I have sky or should I mention that name in the main room. I really want a smart box with everything but not many have them.thanks for your help.

| Wed 11 Mar 2015 10:04:13 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

damian - 17 hours ago  » 
    Hi Dennis, welcome to the forum,
    you need to be on the very latest software available here version 1.03.02 from a few months ago:
    http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/products/product_releases.php?gid=589&pid=6
    and the only useful thing on portal (worthwhile by the way) is bbc's iplayer
    the hd-fox-t2 is pretty old now and I can't imagine there'd be any further updates. The un-official custom firmware is worth a look if you enjoy tinkering, it doesn't bring anything new to portal though.

There is a Custom Portal - Mine has Sky Player on it. No idea if it works as not a subscriber.

| Wed 11 Mar 2015 10:24:46 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

grahamlthompson - 7 minutes ago  » 
    There is a Custom Portal - Mine has Sky Player on it. No idea if it works as not a subscriber.

Sky Player on the Custom Portal stopped working some considerable time ago.

| Wed 11 Mar 2015 10:32:40 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

denn oxle - 5 hours ago  » 
    I really want a smart box with everything but not many have them.thanks for your help.

thanks Dennis,
    I really want world peace, but I can't see either happening anytime soon. I don't think it's possible to build a pvr and have 'apps' working 100% reliably all the time. Humax used to build solid pvrs, but trying to include smart features has been a nightmare for all manufacturers, they're in a game that nobody can win as the goal posts keep on getting moved, the likes of youtube, iplayer etc. tweak their end thus breaking the manufacturers fixed software. Even my now not so smart or old samsung bluray fails with iplayer after such recent tweaks by the content providers.

Personally I use solid pvr's and a mess of tablets, ps3's, Pi's, mini pc's, stb's and the like over the years to cobble together the online content. I gave up on the dream of one smart media centre/box after the sony ps3 failed to deliver, I just don't think it's possible to find one box that does everything.

I don't own one, but I believe the concensus of opinion points to the Roku range as being about as close as possible to getting all the smart streaming stuff in one box. Personally I think a solid pvr and something like a roku would suit most households needs.

sky were throwing a £10 'now' box at people which may be an alternative if you already have sky, the box is subsidised and sky will be making their money back somehow

not too sure if the original post has been edited, but just in case the hdr-fox-t2 needs this firmware:

http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/products/product_releases.php?gid=476&pid=6
    and it's well worth looking at custom firmware on this box.

| Wed 11 Mar 2015 16:34:23 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

denn oxle

Thanks damian but I dont want the world just something that works.I think humax should give up after all the problems people are having they were good in the early days but not any more When you pay good money for something you should not have all these problems and I am not talking about myself.I have been looking at junior member gary p and the problems hes having with new software and he he seems to know what hes doing unlike me dennis ps thanks again

| Thu 12 Mar 2015 9:33:35 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

denn oxle

will the new software for hdr fox t2 be done automatically if I leave it in standbye I have never done it before many thanks for any help

| Wed 18 Mar 2015 16:26:10 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

denn oxle - 5 minutes ago  » 
    will the new software for hdr fox t2 be done automatically if I leave it in standbye I have never done it before many thanks for any help

No because it isn't being transmitted OTA (and I would guess it never will be). You will have to do it via the USB memory stick method; make sure any instructions you read are specifically for the HD-FOX as the method is slightly different to the HDR-FOX.

| Wed 18 Mar 2015 16:34:27 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

denn oxle

thanks martin will bear that in mind

| Wed 18 Mar 2015 20:34:08 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.