My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Unable to record

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Shane1988

Hi everyone
    I'm stuck on my particular problem and hope that someone has had a similar issue and so can give me some advice.

I bought my HDR Fox T2 as an ex-display model over eBay and after some initial installation problems the unit was working fine and recording fine. Unfortunately, the house I rent has a booster system for the aerial (1 box in the attic, another downstairs connecting to the aerial socket), and the downstairs box started to fail; then while I was away on a business trip the booster box failed completely and obviously the Humax stopped working.

When I returned home, I took out the box, put in a standard aerial cable from socket to box, and used the Antenna Power from the Humax to restore most of my TV channels (but not HD, and not recording function) until the box got replaced.

The booster box got replaced yesterday, and once the HUMAX was back up and running, I got my HD channels back but still no recording. I first ran a Factory default with a HDD format; with no improvement. I then ran a factory default on its own; agai with no improvement (but I did gain some more channels.

This morning, after investigating some entries on this forum that suggested it might be stuck in a 'delete loop' (although I have no 'deleting' message displayed anywhere; I tried installing custom firmware 1.01.09, but the box would not accept the file upon starting. Therefore, I am currently out of ideas on how to get my drive back.

As the box is ex-display, there is no warranty currently on it either from the manufacturer or the seller. I inquired about a 2 year SquareTrade warranty, but this will not activate until 45 days after purchase. My current software version is FHTCP 1.03.12.

Essentially what I'm asking is can I recover the internal hard drive or has it become corrupt? Clicking the media button on my remote has no effect, while the Data Storage and recording menus are greyed out. If I go to either Photo or Music, the top right of the screen displays HDD/Free Storage/Not available.

Any help offered would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

| Tue 20 May 2014 7:20:43 #1 |
  2. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

I have heard of disk errors causing the hard drive to go read only, but your machine is behaving like there is no hard drive attached. I suggest having a look at hummy.tv. If you install the custom firmware you can connect to the Humax with a PC using telnet, enter maintenance mode and run the fix-disk diagnostic. This might solve your problem; if not you can post the output of the diagnostic on that forum and one of the experts may be able to help you further. If this fails, you could install a new hard drive or send it to Humax for service, but these options get progressively more expensive.

| Tue 20 May 2014 9:46:59 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

The symptoms you describe are certainly indicating a HDD failure of sorts, or maybe a slim chance the connections to it are loose.

| Tue 20 May 2014 10:38:32 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Shane1988 - 10 hours ago  » 
    This morning, after investigating some entries on this forum that suggested it might be stuck in a 'delete loop' (although I have no 'deleting' message displayed anywhere; I tried installing custom firmware 1.01.09, but the box would not accept the file upon starting. Therefore, I am currently out of ideas on how to get my drive back.

There is no custom firmware 1.01.09; did you try to install standard version 1.01.09? If you have no on screen delete message then I doubt the problem is the delete loop; more likely the file system has gone read only or possibly the hard drive has died. I would suggest installing custom firmware 1.03.12 from Link to custom firmware download. You need to unzip it and place it in the root directory of the USB memory stick (not in a folder). If that installs OK then connect the Humax to your router and follow the fix-disk procedure at Link to hummy.tv wiki

| Tue 20 May 2014 18:17:02 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.