My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Unfamiliar Icon on far left of list recording

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Yellow Peril

Just lately, although programmes are marked in the list for recording they don't, but the ones that don't record are marked on the left hand side with an icon similar to an end of road sign (but in different colours)- what does it mean?

| Mon 17 Nov 2014 22:18:28 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Yellow Peril

The icon is a green circle with black border and a black horizontal bar dissecting it.

| Tue 18 Nov 2014 1:21:17 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

iirc - 'Recording stopped because of an unexpected error'

| Tue 18 Nov 2014 8:07:07 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Yellow Peril

OK, thank you - we've been getting this quite a lot lately and it appears to be random, has anyone any ideas as to why this is happening?

| Tue 18 Nov 2014 9:39:29 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Yellow Peril - 49 minutes ago  » 
    OK, thank you - we've been getting this quite a lot lately and it appears to be random, has anyone any ideas as to why this is happening?

Could be a number of things. First thing I would check is whether there are channels above 800 in the guide. If there are do a manual tune using the instructions at Link to manual tuning FAQ

| Tue 18 Nov 2014 10:32:12 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Yellow Peril

I will check, however last night, we went to view some of the stuff that we'd recorded and everything on the list had vanished.

| Wed 19 Nov 2014 9:07:54 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Yellow Peril - 2 hours ago  » 
    I will check, however last night, we went to view some of the stuff that we'd recorded and everything on the list had vanished.

OK that is the well know problem of file system corruption. If you are desperate to get the recordings back (and have a modicum of computer skill) you can probably retrieve the majority of the recordings by opening the Humax, attaching the hard drive to a PC and using humaxrw in recovery mode (-r option). Otherwise format the hard drive from the HDD Control menu item in the Record menu. If the same thing happens again within a few weeks then it indicates the hard drive is getting to the end of its life.

| Wed 19 Nov 2014 11:26:33 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.