My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Unit going into standby despite menu setting

(7 posts)
  1. Corrigap

Corrigap

Hi all, my first post here.

I have Automatic power down set to off but the box still keeps going into standby mode. I work at home and take regular breaks in front of the telly to catch up on the news etc so this is getting a bit irritating. I also have standby mode set to normal, if that's of any relevance here.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks in advance,
    Corrigap

| Wed 6 Aug 2014 16:28:38 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Have you checked the TV settings (For an auto standby option)?
    Most TV's also have this setting and what with HDMI-CEC it is very difficult to know what turned what off.

| Wed 6 Aug 2014 17:00:23 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

HDMI CEC?

My Philips TV has a software bug that switches this on from time to time (even though I have disabled it) result is the HDR being put into standby when I switch TV off.

| Wed 6 Aug 2014 17:06:27 #3 |
  4. Corrigap

Corrigap

@ Repassac and Barry

Thanks for the tip.

Yes, I had a problem with HDMI-CEC early on so I turned this off on my TV. The box turns off quite some time after the TV has been turned off, say an hour or so, I haven't actually hung around to check the timings involved. But the box is certainly still on immediately after the TV has been turned off.

| Wed 6 Aug 2014 20:10:58 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Corrigap - 52 minutes ago  » 
    @ Repassac and Barry
    Thanks for the tip.
    Yes, I had a problem with HDMI-CEC early on so I turned this off on my TV. The box turns off quite some time after the TV has been turned off, say an hour or so, I haven't actually hung around to check the timings involved. But the box is certainly still on immediately after the TV has been turned off.

Still check the TV settings - had the same problem here after the HDR-1000S was turned off. It Was the Philips TV. Think this must be EEC standard.

| Wed 6 Aug 2014 21:05:34 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

REPASSAC - 22 seconds ago  » 

Corrigap - 52 minutes ago  » 
    @ Repassac and Barry
    Thanks for the tip.

Still check the TV settings - had the same problem here after the HDR-1000S was turned off. It Was the Philips TV (standard settings). Think this must be EEC standard.

| Wed 6 Aug 2014 21:06:39 #6 |
  7. Corrigap

Corrigap

Ok, I turned off the HDMI-CEC control completely on my Samsung TV and that seems to have done the trick. Before, I had only turned off the 'Auto turn off' function which did actually prevent the box from being turned off immediately.

Thanks for the tip Repassac

| Thu 7 Aug 2014 11:23:34 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.