My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Unpair from iOS device

(22 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

souporjuice - 26 minutes ago  » 
    Yes, I can confirm this is an annoying bug. Unpair Freesat id just doesn't work.
    I tried everything but a factory reset, which I'm just not prepared to do atm.
    I even tried deleting my Freesat id on the website, which I don't recommend as it means there's no way to reactivate a Freesat id with the same email address.
    It's annoying because we have the box in our bedroom (while builders are downstairs), and... well, just try sleeping in a room with that box whizzing away all the time. I pull the plug every night, which means I can't record stuff.

I agree it's not well implemented, but unpairing the box does work. (Not on the website or the app but on the box, in Settings, Freesat ID, as per Gonzo's post above)

I unpaired soon after pairing, and the midnight shenanigans went away.

| Wed 17 Dec 2014 15:34:37 #11 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Yep unpairing via the box should be all that's needed.
    Every now and then I pair up again if I'm due to be away from home then when I get back I just unpair again and haven't suffered any random booting up in between times.

Not sure what the thought behind removing the Freesat ID from the Freesast site was because it's the box that instigates the communications with the Freesat ID server and not the other way around.

| Wed 17 Dec 2014 17:02:35 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

souporjuice

I did indeed do the unpairing via the box, didn't work for me.

| Thu 18 Dec 2014 22:27:54 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

What happened when you chose Unpair? Did you get an error message?

| Thu 18 Dec 2014 22:41:05 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

souporjuice

Selected my id, unpair id, clicked ok to Yes, Unpair. Nothing happened, id is still listed on the screen and is still paired. I tried that many times, rebooted, tried again. Nothing.

Then I went to the freest id website and ended up deleting the id there in the vain hope the box might respond to this, but of course it didn't. To top it off I can't resurrect this deleted id because the email address is already in use! Cluster of bugs around Freesat ids, be nice if unpairing worked, and there was a way to reactivate your id! I doubt these will be fixed. I'm not doing a factory reset.

| Fri 19 Dec 2014 8:32:54 #15 |
  6. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

souporjuice - 1 hour ago  » 
    I'm not doing a factory reset.

Why won't you do a factory reset? All recordings are not touched, you'll only have to reset any scheduled recordings and any personal preferences.

| Fri 19 Dec 2014 9:53:43 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Since you tried unsuccessfully to unpair before you tried to deactivate the Freesat ID, the two things are probably not connected. It's not surprising that you can't register twice using the same email address.

I'd suggest you email Freesat, who can no doubt reset the ID for you and tell you what you need to do to unpair.

| Fri 19 Dec 2014 9:59:26 #17 |
  8. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Deleted.

| Fri 19 Dec 2014 13:08:48 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

souporjuice

I'm not doing a factory reset. End of. I didn't ask for a solution guys, just confirming the original issue. I don't care enough to contact Freesat, I just won't ever use the app.

The two things are connected in that they are bugs in the Freesat id maintenance code. I get that you can't register the same email address twice, but the scenario is, I have deleted the Freesat id altogether, but I now can NEVER use that email address to set up a new Freesat id, and there is no way to undelete the Freesat id.

| Fri 19 Dec 2014 19:42:25 #19 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

souporjuice - 35 minutes ago  » 
    I'm not doing a factory reset. End of. I didn't ask for a solution guys, just confirming the original issue. I don't care enough to contact Freesat, I just won't ever use the app.
    The two things are connected in that they are bugs in the Freesat id maintenance code. I get that you can't register the same email address twice, but the scenario is, I have deleted the Freesat id altogether, but I now can NEVER use that email address to set up a new Freesat id, and there is no way to undelete the Freesat id.

Why not simply set up a second e-mail address within your existing account. I don't know of any service that you cannot have multiple addresses from the same mail provider. You should be able to add one purely for Freesat.

| Fri 19 Dec 2014 20:22:37 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.