My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Video recorder

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pete P

We currently have 2 sat. boxes each with VCR connected. This is to allow my wife to watch a recorded programme in the kitchen whilst ironing eg, then when finished, take the tape into the lounge. Is it possible to connect a vcr to a Humax?
    I know the Humax has a hard drive for recording but will not give us the flexibilty we require.

| Mon 2 Jan 2012 13:47:10 #1 |
  2. super-admin

super-admin

senior admin

All three PVR-9xx0T models have a rear VCR SCART sockets. If your VCR can record from its SCART input, then connect up the Humax via this SCART socket and record.

You will have to have the Humax watching the channel you want to record or playback the recording you want to transfer to VCR tape.

| Mon 2 Jan 2012 14:05:22 #2 |
  3. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

All three PVR-9xx0T models have a rear VCR SCART sockets. If your VCR can record from its SCART input, then connect up the Humax via this SCART socket and record.

You will have to have the Humax watching the channel you want to record or playback the recording you want to transfer to VCR tape.

| Mon 2 Jan 2012 14:06:40 #2 |
  4. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Alternatively you can use a wireless video sender to view on the TV in the kitchen recordings made on a PVR in the lounge then pause and resume viewing in the lounge when finished in the kitchen. Saves faffing around with tapes at all.

(while a video sender will not give you best quality viewing it still beats a VHS tape hands down)

| Mon 2 Jan 2012 16:16:53 #3 |
  5. paulburke

Paul

I believe the OP would like the information as it relates to a Foxsat HDR (for Freesat+). (I redirected his enquiry from another place!).

Perhaps he can confirm this, and then the thread be redirected to the correct forum.

| Mon 2 Jan 2012 16:21:21 #4 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

paulburke - 56 seconds ago  » 
    I believe the OP would like the information as it relates to a Foxsat HDR (for Freesat+). (I redirected his enquiry from another place!).
    Perhaps he can confirm this, and then the thread be redirected to the correct forum.

The Foxsat-hdr has a vcr scart so the same advice applies.

| Mon 2 Jan 2012 16:22:49 #5 |
  7. gomezz

gomezz

special member

My suggestion stands regardless if it relates to Freeview, Freesat, Sky or cable.

| Mon 2 Jan 2012 16:28:56 #6 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pete P

This is to confirm that the model in question is a Foxsat Freesat HDR which I am thinking of buying

| Mon 2 Jan 2012 17:29:54 #7 |
  9. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Moved to foxsat HDR forum

| Mon 2 Jan 2012 17:57:30 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.