My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

viewing HDR-FOX-T2 files on HDR1800T

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bobstert

Hi All,

has anyone tried streaming files from a HDR-FOX-T2 onto an HDR1800T as i am looking to get one for the bedroom and would like to view stuff i have on the HDR-FOX-T2 when i am upstairs

many thanks

Bob

| Thu 15 Jan 2015 16:11:25 #1 |
  2. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

Not tried it myself (I don't have a HDR-1800T) but I think that streaming standard definition content works both ways. There are issues with high definition content though. The HDR-1800T can't stream high def. The HDR-FOX can stream high def. content but as a protected stream which can't be played on the HDR-1800T. These problems are not insurmountable, but you will need to look to other forums if you want more information.

| Thu 15 Jan 2015 16:43:21 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum Bob

You can stream SD but not HD to the 1800T, however caveat, networking and 1800/2000T is 'flakey' I find I have to use the portal first on 1800/2000T units before the network option appears via media/blue.

| Thu 15 Jan 2015 16:45:42 #3 |
  4. geoffers

geoffers

Barry - 2 hours ago  » 
    however caveat, networking and 1800/2000T is 'flakey'

YMMV - different people seem to have different experiences...

My 1800T networking has always been rock-solid (eg ftp access from laptop; streaming via skifta to phone; remote control app on phone etc)

However I do have it hard-wired directly via a network-switch & Ethernet cable.

I'm sure a lot of peoples' problems revolve around wireless connection issues; router/firewall settings etc.

| Thu 15 Jan 2015 19:50:50 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

My 1800T networking has always been rock-solid (eg ftp access from laptop; streaming via skifta to phone; remote control app on phone etc)

Not the problem that I have highlighted.

Do you find that the network option is present when you press media then blue, especially just after switch on - it is a known issue and Humax Towers are aware.

| Fri 16 Jan 2015 0:18:52 #5 |
  6. geoffers

geoffers

Barry - 19 hours ago  » 

Do you find that the network option is present when you press media then blue, especially just after switch on - it is a known issue and Humax Towers are aware.

Yep - I see the network option, and the device(s) available on the network after pressing Media>Blue - no problem : I've attached a shot of the TV screen

Attachments

1. TVNetwork.jpg (92.1 KB, 0 downloads) 9 years old
    | Fri 16 Jan 2015 19:25:28 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.