My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Viewing stored recordings

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Connect1

Hi
    I now have a new HDR1000s but would like to access the stored recordings on my old Foxsat HDR. Unfortunately the old machine will not boot or let me access 'media' as it expects a Freesat signal and the cables are of course in another room and connected to the new box.

Does anybody have any idea how I can 'force' it into a media-only mode?

| Sat 23 Aug 2014 12:32:44 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The box should boot up without a signal. What happens if you connect the box to one of the cables temporarily that you are using for the HDR1000S, once set up you should be able to remove the cable and view the recordings.

| Sat 23 Aug 2014 13:00:37 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Connect1

Thanks.

When I first moved the old box, I could access all the stored recordings but I then tried to connect it to my router and since then it just will not boot up.

The cables are in another room and it will be a bit of a hassle (i.e. wife not keen) to start unplugging the new box and connecting the old one so may just scrap it.

| Mon 25 Aug 2014 18:33:39 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

you can go round in circles with this box trying to get to the 'media' after a reset or moving the box with no cables attached.
    From recollection go into the menu and set it for non - freesat mode, after a short while it will give up and allow you to access the media folder

| Mon 25 Aug 2014 20:09:42 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Connect1

Hi Damian

I seem to remember my new 1000s has this option but I can't see it on my old HDR. No matter what I do it always comes back to 'No Signal' and won't let me do much more.

| Tue 26 Aug 2014 21:46:45 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Connect1 - 1 minute ago  » 
    Hi Damian
    I seem to remember my new 1000s has this option but I can't see it on my old HDR. No matter what I do it always comes back to 'No Signal' and won't let me do much more.

You only get a non-freesat mode option after actually running a manual tune option to add some channels.

It won't do any harm if you power off the HDR1000S and pinch one of the cables and the hdmi lead from the HDR1000S and set the box up again. Then run manual tune to add non freesat channels. After this turn it off and replace the connections to the hdr1000s. After this the box should boot OK. It will say no signal but if I remember rightly exit completes the boot.

| Tue 26 Aug 2014 21:52:44 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.