My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

What documentation is there available for

(6 posts)
  1. grumpybrush

grumpybrush

Donator ££££

the HDR1000s? I bought my Humax about 6-7 months ago from Richer Sounds in Stockport.
    Generally I've been fairly pleased with the product. Things I'm not so keen on are some of the software bugs (blank screens coming out of On Demand services, for one) but there are a few others.
    I think my main concern is trying to find out how to do things not mentioned in the very rudimentary documentation.
    I'd like to know exactly how I can display photos in .jpg format & how to also display video in .avi both shot on a Nikon Coolpix S2800.
    I've tried plugging the files copied from my Windows laptop, onto a Sandisk Cruzer stick which is formatted in FAT32. The Humax creates thumbnails for each photo but if I press OK to view the selected file says the format is not supported. I can display these independently of the Humax through my Panasonic TV but would like to do it through the Humax.

I'd also like to know if I can control the sound on my TV directly (similar to my £50 Sony DVD Player which makes life so much easier).
    There will probably be others as time goes on, and much as I have enjoyed the communication on this forum, a decent reference guide would be most useful. BTW I have sent an email to support at Humax asking a similar question.

| Sun 4 May 2014 13:05:13 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

There is no documentation other than that supplied with the box. The problems you are experiencing are the same as those encountered by many other users, myself included. No fix forthcoming from Humax or Freesat. No, you cannot control the TV with the supplied R/C.

| Sun 4 May 2014 13:26:57 #2 |
  3. grumpybrush

grumpybrush

Donator ££££

Thanks Pollensa1946. So it's not me then! And yet this product is the one that everyone says is the best - what are the rest like? (that was rhetorical I don't really expect proper answers).
    So voyage of discovery then to see if I can get some of these undocumented "features" to work.
    Not sure that I want to do that - spent 40 years in IT getting things to work but got paid for it! Now I'm retired I've got lots of other things to and messing about with yet another computer goes further down the pile.

| Sun 4 May 2014 13:36:53 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

jpg's display for me - I suggest you avoid large files as memory may be limited.
    The HDR-10x0S also supports NTFS which allows files > 4gb for video files.
    AVI is just a container that can contain anything. Do you know what format the video is?

| Sun 4 May 2014 14:24:07 #4 |
  5. grumpybrush

grumpybrush

Donator ££££

REPASSAC - 3 hours ago  » 
    jpg's display for me - I suggest you avoid large files as memory may be limited.
    The HDR-10x0S also supports NTFS which allows files > 4gb for video files.
    AVI is just a container that can contain anything. Do you know what format the video is?

Hi REPASSAC & thanks for your reply. The jpg files are all above 8Mb (camera's set for it's max res of 20 Mpixels) although my TV (Panasonic Viera Smart TV) plays them without issue if I insert the usb stick into 1 of it's ports and use one of the apps.
    I've done a bit of searching & Quick Time Player says that the format in the AVI is jpeg, so maybe I should try converting to another format. Nikon supply software with the camera which may help (all sorts of stuff on a CD/DVD that came with the camera).

| Sun 4 May 2014 17:45:09 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

A lot of people use conversion software to get movies to mpeg-2 or perhaps .ts (Native format). Currently avoid folders with large number of files - seen quite a few posts on this (mine are more modest sizes). Spent quite some time on getting a precious video converted and stored on the 'user' unencrypted partition on the disk.

I think part of the documentation problem is freesat wanted to do it (as it will be the same for all brands ( :-)) that's leaves a small hole, but not a void. Much of what is omitted works exactly as I expected.

Off topic: This reminds me of when I wrote a ROM (two actually) for the BBC micro and sent a copy to a modem manufacturer who sent me one of his products. He phoned me one day asking how to achieve something. I said I am sure I put it in the manual, his response was, Dave did you read me modem manual? Point taken, no it worked as I expected.

| Sun 4 May 2014 19:32:03 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.