My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Wi-Fi Password

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

wackyg

Recently bought a 2000T and had no problems setting it up although I am disappointed that the antenna loop through does not work with the unit on standby, but have overcome that problem by splitting the aerial feed to TV and PVR.

However, I connect to the internet wirelessly via a Humax dongle but have to input the router password every time that I connect. Is this normal? Is there a way to get the unit to remember the password? Regards.

| Thu 18 Sep 2014 18:01:30 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

wackyg - 3 hours ago  » Is this normal?

Not for me.

| Thu 18 Sep 2014 21:39:31 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

wackyg

Thanks for that. Any idea what I might be doing wrong? Regards

| Thu 18 Sep 2014 22:10:06 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

wackyg - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Do you have your SSID hidden?

| Thu 18 Sep 2014 22:12:57 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

wackyg

Sorry, I'm no expert, how would I know if the SSID is hidden? Is this a setting within my PC, router or Humax? Please advise. Regards

| Fri 19 Sep 2014 10:09:22 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

wackyg - 18 minutes ago  » 
    how would I know if the SSID is hidden? Is this a setting within my PC, router or Humax? Please advise. Regards

If you are not aware then it is probably not hidden; it is a setting in the WiFi section of the router. It has been known to cause similar problems to those you are reporting on other Humax kit.

| Fri 19 Sep 2014 10:30:10 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

wackyg - 17 minutes ago  » 
    Sorry, I'm no expert, how would I know if the SSID is hidden? Is this a setting within my PC, router or Humax? Please advise. Regards

If you login a wireless connected device can you see the name of your router ?(The name it displays is called it's SSID - http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14000/~/how-do-i-find-the-wireless-network-name-(ssid)-and-wireless-key-for-my-bt-home). If so your SSID is not hidden.

You can turn off the router transmitting it's SSID so unless you know it's there it won't appear to anyone else so someone in the street with say a smart phone won't know it's there.

| Fri 19 Sep 2014 10:31:20 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

wackyg

Thanks for your response. When logging in wirelessly I can see the name of my router therefore the SSID is not hidden. Can you suggest anything else I might be doing wrong which requires that I have to re-enter the password if the Humax has been on standby. Have read the Humax instructions from cover to cover and have repeated set-up several times but the problem remains. Regards

| Fri 19 Sep 2014 11:03:37 #8 |
  9. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

The Humax does not like spaces, hyphens and other special characters in its WiFi password. If you have these in your network password, you will need to change it to get it to work properly.

| Fri 19 Sep 2014 11:09:08 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

wackyg

Thank you for your response. My network password is alpha-numeric and has no spaces, etc. etc. The problem seems to be totally Humax related. For example, I do not have any problems re-connecting wirelessly to my laptop, tablet or Kindle and the grand-children similarly have no problems re-connecting their laptops, tablets, phones, etc. without continually having to re-enter the network password. Regards

| Fri 19 Sep 2014 11:28:55 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.