My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

WiFi disconnecting during on demand content

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

TomJB

I've recently upgraded my router from a BT HomeHub 4 to a TP-Link TL-WDR3600 (specs)and my 1010S doesn't seem to like it.

I can connect to it fine initially at a healthy 300mbps, but when I try to access any on demand content the WiFi drops every time without fail a few minutes into the video. I am then unable to reconnect to the WiFi until I've rebooted the freesat box. Attempting to reconnect without rebooting gives me the message: 'wifi network does not detected'.

Any help much appreciated.

| Thu 31 Jul 2014 17:22:54 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

TomJB - 37 minutes ago  » 
    I've recently upgraded my router from a BT HomeHub 4 to a TP-Link TL-WDR3600 (specs)and my 1010S doesn't seem to like it.
    I can connect to it fine initially at a healthy 300mbps, but when I try to access any on demand content the WiFi drops every time without fail a few minutes into the video. I am then unable to reconnect to the WiFi until I've rebooted the freesat box. Attempting to reconnect without rebooting gives me the message: 'wifi network does not detected'.
    Any help much appreciated.

I have the 4300 (much the same). Have you enabled both frequencies with different names (I have). I would expect the HDR-1010S only to see the 2.4GHz channels - is this so (I would recommend the mixed mode on this frequency)?

What are you using as a modem - the homehub ?? Have you disabled the wireless functions on it?

| Thu 31 Jul 2014 18:04:04 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

TomJB

Sorry I should have said, that was the first thing I tried. It did actually pick up both frequencies, but both had the same issue.

I'm using the openreach modem which BT installed when I switched to fibre.

| Thu 31 Jul 2014 18:39:06 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

TomJB - 58 minutes ago  » 
    Sorry I should have said, that was the first thing I tried. It did actually pick up both frequencies, but both had the same issue.
    I'm using the openreach modem which BT installed when I switched to fibre.

What sort of location are you in rural or urban/city - if the latter I would scan for local channel use (lots of mobile phone apps out there) - Perhaps you need to choose a channel.

What distance is the router from the HDR-1010S and how many walls, of what material, does the signal need to pass through?

| Thu 31 Jul 2014 19:47:13 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

sparhan

I also have a TL-WDR3600 and I am also having this problem with my 1010s. (I bought it graded direct from Humax this week)

| Thu 14 Aug 2014 20:09:28 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

TomJB

I'm afraid that I was unable to get it working and have had to revert to the Homehub.

Thanks to REPASSAC for your advice though.

Sparhan—Let me know if you have any luck in sorting it out.

| Thu 14 Aug 2014 20:33:16 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.