My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

WIFI not working in standby

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sporotite

Once my 1010s goes into (normal) standby for more than about 5 mins I'm unable to connect via the freesat app. I'm on the same network and other devices work fine so I think it must be an issue with the box. Is this normal behaviour or is this a fault? i haven't been able to get this working so i can switch the box on remotely out of standby mode since I purchased it a few weeks ago. Any help or suggestions gratefully received.
    Thanks

| Sun 9 Feb 2014 15:40:32 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum, your box will wake up every 20 minutes or so to check if you have made any extra recording reservations. The ultra low power used in full sby makes it impossible to boot the box remotely. Only an infra red command, power toggle or zero will wake the box other than the built in timer.

| Sun 9 Feb 2014 15:46:13 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sporotite

Hi
    Thanks. it does seem slightly disingenuous to include an on/off button in the freest app when in fact you will only ever be able to use it as an off button! oh well, guess my leccy bills will have to take a hit so I can use the app.
    Cheers

| Sun 9 Feb 2014 17:16:40 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Sporotite - 42 minutes ago  » 
    Hi
    Thanks. it does seem slightly disingenuous to include an on/off button in the freest app when in fact you will only ever be able to use it as an off button! oh well, guess my leccy bills will have to take a hit so I can use the app.
    Cheers

I guess if the box is recording, or in the pre 15 minute recording period then the on button will work. I don't have a ios tablet so can't check this.

| Sun 9 Feb 2014 18:00:49 #4 |
  5. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Hi
    Cheers

You'd rather waste electricity and have the box on 24/7 just for the convenience of not having to press the power button on the box or the remote control?
    Each to their own I suppose

| Sun 9 Feb 2014 18:07:56 #5 |
  6. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

grahamlthompson - 10 minutes ago  » 

Hi
    Cheers

I guess if the box is recording, or in the pre 15 minute recording period then the on button will work. I don't have a ios tablet so can't check this.

Just tried while mine was doing its every 20min check and yes it does turn on via the app.
    So as long as you see you box's ID under Remote Control in app settings you can turn on via app.
    Personally I think it's quicker to just power up using the remote control when I turn the tv on.

| Sun 9 Feb 2014 18:14:20 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.