My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

won't pause but only problem on one channel

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mandlebrot

Hi guys,

A bit of a strange one my 1000 won't pause on Cbeebies but seems ok on other channels. Now I know that most people wouldn't want to pause Cbeebies (it does my head in also lol, but my son won't sit down for his food because he is missing his program. Yes I know I should just turn it off and I have tried that but if I could pause it then it might help him stop doing my head in lol. The strange thing is that sometimes it will pause and other times it won't pause or rewind etc. I haven't noticed this on other channels but then I mostly watch recordings so don't really watch 1 channel live for very long so maybe it only happens after watching a certain channel for a long time.

Anyone else had this issue?

| Sat 19 Apr 2014 20:26:19 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A very strange issue. Next time push the instant record button, you should have a recording in the media list from the time the box was tuned to the channel. You can play pause and rewind the recording as it happens (chasing playback). This assumes you don't have two recordings already in progress.

| Sat 19 Apr 2014 20:52:21 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

As Graham says very odd.
    Just out of interest, it should not make any difference but when you are unable to pause it - is it recording another programme?

| Sun 20 Apr 2014 9:30:57 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I am able to pause both the HD and SD versions of CBBC and Cbeebies. Note live pause won't work immediately after switching to a channel, you need to build up around 30 seconds or so of buffer first.

| Sun 20 Apr 2014 9:57:27 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mandlebrot

Just tried pausing again on CBeebies and again it won't, at first I thought it was something to do with it being HD but it won't pause on the SD version either.

Please note that after testing some more, I've discovered that if I change channel and then return it will then pause after a few seconds. Now starting to think this is a bug with the buffer after a channel has been watched for say a few hours and maybe it is also affecting all other channels but I haven't noticed because I don't watch live TV much myself. I will try to make a test on another channel and report back.

I did try to instant record when the pause wouldn't work today and that did seem to work ok.

| Tue 22 Apr 2014 15:33:37 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.