My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Worth upgarding from 9200T

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alloneword

As a rule i use thre freesat 1000S with 2TB upgrade for my main recorder in the living but sometimes i also use my old 9200T (in the living room as well) to tape (i know showing my age) stuff that i can't don the freesat box due to clashes, however the 9200T is showing it's age even when i keep it own so tv guide is updated etc, sometimes you cant skip adds due to box seeming to freeze but it's playing fine, so my real question is...... Is the 1800T/2000T worth the upgrade over 9200T, i won't use it for HD recording as my aerial is shall we say not great and TV break up a fair bit on freeview HD.

All1

| Mon 8 Dec 2014 3:47:20 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Alloneword - 8 hours ago  » 
    Is the 1800T/2000T worth the upgrade over 9200T, i won't use it for HD recording as my aerial is shall we say not great and TV break up a fair bit on freeview HD.

If you can't get good reception on a 9200 (perhaps you could quote signal strength and quality on a problem channel and give us the first part of your postcode) then I would be concerned that the HDR-1800T/2000T will give an unusable signal as the general consensus is that the tuners are a bit weaker.

| Mon 8 Dec 2014 11:54:46 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alloneword

Hi Martin, I can't tell you what channels on the 9200T give issues as they seem fine it's when i try to watch HD on either my Sony or Samsung TV's in HD that the picture breaks up, so i'm working on the basis of HD needs a better feed then SD, hence why my HD on both TV's break up, but looking at the 9200T now and having it on BBC1 London (SE16) Strength is at 60% and Quality is 100%, i do have a aerial installed in the block of flats i live in (4 Flats) and it's on a mast and installed by a pro (so he said)

| Mon 8 Dec 2014 18:53:59 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Alloneword - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hi Martin, I can't tell you what channels on the 9200T give issues as they seem fine it's when i try to watch HD on either my Sony or Samsung TV's in HD that the picture breaks up, so i'm working on the basis of HD needs a better feed then SD, hence why my HD on both TV's break up, but looking at the 9200T now and having it on BBC1 London (SE16)

Is your aerial pointing at Crystal Palace? If so I would have thought the issue is more likely to be too much signal rather than too little so trying an attenuator might be worthwhile.

An HDR 1800T/2000T should be OK for signal. I think they are nicer to use than the 9200T with more reliable software and Humax having sorted out the worst bugs. There are some 9200 features that are missing on the HD models but none that I ever used extensively.

| Mon 8 Dec 2014 20:17:24 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alloneword

Yes it's pointing at the palace but it's weird here as my block is sort of sunken a bit and i have other 5 story blocks around me blocking me in, if it was too much signal would it give break up of normal freeview HD on both TV's?

All1

| Tue 9 Dec 2014 13:34:41 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Alloneword - 2 hours ago  » 
    if it was too much signal would it give break up of normal freeview HD on both TV's?

Yes if the tuner is overloaded by too much signal then it gives very similar symptoms to those of too little signal. In the particular circumstance you describe of obstructions between you and the transmitter it is very hard for us to judge which problem you have.

| Tue 9 Dec 2014 15:39:48 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alloneword

OK in that case i'll buy a couple of attenuator's (I think that's the word) and put them in line to see if it helps any, thanks for your help Martin.

All1

| Tue 9 Dec 2014 17:11:48 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Alloneword - 43 minutes ago  » 
    OK in that case i'll buy a couple of attenuator's (I think that's the word) and put them in line to see if it helps any, thanks for your help Martin.
    All1

You only need one, preferably a variable type on the input to the first device in the aerial chain.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Variable-Attenuator-1-20dB-Coax-Fr-Freeview-Digital-etc-/190394311379?pt=UK_ConElec_TVAerials_RL&hash=item2c5462a2d3

| Tue 9 Dec 2014 17:57:37 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.