My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Wrong channels in TV Guide for my postcode

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

hoomaxing

I changed my postcode to Northern Ireland over a month ago, and I've been getting BBC1 NI, and BBC2 NI, and for 103 I got UTV (the NI ITV). It's been working for over a month.

I switch on this evening and for BBC1 I see BBC1 London, for BBC2 I see BBC England, and for ITV (actually I can't remember which regional ITV it was, but I'm guessing ITV London).

Looking in my planned recordings, all the ones for BBC1/2/UTV were gone.

I decided to look in the settings and I saw that my NI postcode was still there. An Off/On cycle via the remote made no difference, so I took out the power cable for a few seconds and fired up again. Still no difference. Still all set to London despite my NI postcode being there in the settings.

So after a few minutes of this, I switched on my PC to write this post, looked over at a setting and saw that it had gone back to having the NI channels in the right slots.

Being eternally optimistic I decided to look in the planned recordings to see if they'd come back too, but no, they're lost. I'll have to set them all again.

This is the second time this has happened, first time was a few weeks ago and I wondered if I'd done something myself and not remembered, so I didn't post about it that time. Now I'm 100% sure I didn't do anything though.

Any ideas? I can't trust it anymore to not wipe out my recordings, so if I ever want to set a recording for 1/2/3, I'm going to use the channel numbers 957 (BBC1NI), 969 (BBC2NI), and 977 (some ITV channel, it doesn't say which it is). Then the box can have it's little freakout moment and I hope to not lose my planned recordings.

| Thu 3 Apr 2014 21:54:22 #1 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

What's the postcode so others may be able to see if they get the same, also maybe worth contacting Freesat seeing as they're the ones who control the EPG.

| Thu 3 Apr 2014 22:28:25 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

hoomaxing

I'm switching back to an England postcode now, so that it won't bite me again. Plus I noticed that I'd lost ITV Player while having a NI postcode (BT1 1NB by the way). I didn't choose NI because I live there, I chose it just because it's the best signal quality.

When I'm back on the England postcode, I hope ITV Player comes back.

I'll still be using 957 (BBC1 NI) and 969 (BBC2 NI) for their better quality signal for my series records though.

Yes I know, I need to get my dish aligned better

| Fri 4 Apr 2014 6:54:49 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

hoomaxing - 1 hour ago  » 
    I'm switching back to an England postcode now, so that it won't bite me again. Plus I noticed that I'd lost ITV Player while having a NI postcode (BT1 1NB by the way). I didn't choose NI because I live there, I chose it just because it's the best signal quality.
    When I'm back on the England postcode, I hope ITV Player comes back.
    I'll still be using 957 (BBC1 NI) and 969 (BBC2 NI) for their better quality signal for my series records though.
    Yes I know, I need to get my dish aligned better

Are you aware that you can use customise channels to move the 950+ BBC channels to replace the low down channel numbers with any you want there ?

| Fri 4 Apr 2014 8:29:49 #4 |
  5. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

I think Freesat may need to be informed so they can look into it.
    I put the BT1 1NB postcode into the Freesat App and do see some oddities, especially with BBC2. If the Apps wrong then quite possibly there's an issue with the EPG your seeing on the box too for that postcode.

| Fri 4 Apr 2014 8:55:51 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

hoomaxing

Are you aware that you can use customise channels to move the 950+ BBC channels to replace the low down channel numbers with any you want there ?

I've used the edit favourites and I've removed channels I don't care about (like S4C, BBC Alba) but I didn't know I could customise like that and still have freetime. I'll have a look Thanks.

| Fri 4 Apr 2014 9:21:36 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.