My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

YouTube access

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hugh J

I didn't noticed until I'd registered that most of the latest posts date back to 2011, so I hope there's somebody at home.

I bought my HDR 2000T in April and everything was fine (more or less) until yesterday afternoon, when YouTube suddenly ceased to function. Even though the defaults are highly biased to the USA and more than half of the videos won't play, You Tube access was one of my main reason for choosing this device over others and I have been using it more often than the clunky old version (hint) of the BBC iPlayer.

Are Humax carrying out some software updates on it, because if so, it would have been nice of them to put up a notice to that effect. If for some reason YouTube has been withdrawn I will be returning it to Co-Op Electrical as being not as described.

Flickr has also died at the same time, but I can very easily live without that.

| Thu 19 Jun 2014 18:41:38 #1 |
  2. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

On Hummy.tv, there has been a report today of YouTube and Flickr not working on the HD-FOX T2. Apparently, Humax suggested a factory reset, which did not work for the user in question. It could be related to your issue. If it is, it is likely due to a problem at the Humax server end and will probably be resolved when an engineer investigates (i.e. turns it off and back on again).

| Thu 19 Jun 2014 20:02:28 #2 |
  3. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

YouTube and Flickr are not working on the HDR-FOX T2 (1.03.12 firmware) also at the moment, just a black screen with a horizontal white line near the top.

| Thu 19 Jun 2014 20:58:31 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Appears to be working again now on a HD/HDR T2, along with other stuff that stopped working. Will check 2000T shortly.

| Fri 20 Jun 2014 8:20:51 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hugh J

Yes, everything's fine now. I haven't had time to check it out yet, but hopefully, the engineers at YouTube will have done something to fix the problem of about 50 per cent of videos not playing.

| Fri 20 Jun 2014 9:43:26 #5 |
  6. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

Unfortunately, the YouTube videos that don't play are in a format such as Flash (.flv) so are incompatible with the Humax. BTW your alias made me chuckle; infantile, I know.

| Fri 20 Jun 2014 13:14:28 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

ViewR

MontysEvilTwin - 3 hours ago  » 
    Unfortunately, the YouTube videos that don't play are in a format such as Flash (.flv) so are incompatible with the Humax. BTW your alias made me chuckle; infantile, I know.

What is the processor speed of the HDR 2000T? A modern STB processor surely would be fast enough to decode FLV1 codec in software?

| Fri 20 Jun 2014 17:06:21 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

ViewR - 1 hour ago  » 

MontysEvilTwin - 3 hours ago  » 

What is the processor speed of the HDR 2000T? A modern STB processor surely would be fast enough to decode FLV1 codec in software?

'

Adobe don't support flash video for all platforms. Try playing a video from the BBC News site on a Android tablet using a mobile browser like Firefox.

PVR's use a dedicated cpu (so called system on a chip), without built in Flash support you can't add it. A PC has a general purpose CPU, so it's easy to add codecs that support pretty well anything that the cpu has enough power to support.

| Fri 20 Jun 2014 19:02:58 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Susan Moon

Did you ever sort this out. I purchased a 2000T at the begining of July, and a dongle. It connects to the internet ok I can watch I Player, sport news and connect to Wikipedia but as far as You Tube is concerned nothing. It connects to it and I can search but it just doesn't play....

| Tue 5 Aug 2014 7:51:39 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

keet

I have a freesat box and have watched videos on youtube for a couple of years. Now when I go to on demand and select YouTube a screen comes up which says I am being re directed to YouTube.com then I get screen which is grey with what seem to be videos in darker grey and no wy to go anywhere with this except back out of on demand. Does anyone know what I should do?

| Thu 8 Oct 2020 9:35:59 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.