My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

YouTube playback issue

(12 posts)
  1. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Is anyone else having playback issues with YouTube today?
    So far no videos will play at all, the duration bar shows but video doesn't play.

| Sat 6 Sep 2014 13:31:49 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

first one I tried worked fine absolutely no problem here on a hdr-fox-t2 so not quite your hdr-1000/1010s

I assume YT works on all your other devices?

| Sat 6 Sep 2014 14:09:45 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Working on my HDR1000s. I am playing Mean Tweets - NFL Edition.

| Sat 6 Sep 2014 14:16:15 #3 |
  4. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Thanks guys, it's now working again.
    For some reason my HomeHub5 blocked out YouTube for some reason via the box, had to reset the home hub a couple of times as the first time I reset it blocked out the box completely.

Edit:
    Oh crap perhaps it's not related to my HH5 after all, now all my recordings have disappeared so looks like the box maybe poorly

| Sat 6 Sep 2014 15:07:30 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

-gonzo- - 1 hour ago  » 
    For some reason my HomeHub5 blocked out YouTube for some reason via the box, had to reset the home hub a couple of times as the first time I reset it blocked out the box completely.
    Edit:
    Oh crap perhaps it's not related to my HH5 after all, now all my recordings have disappeared so looks like the box maybe poorly

I have seen that once (it's a bit of a shock). Turned off the power for 30 minutes and they all came back on reboot.

| Sat 6 Sep 2014 16:15:19 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

grahamlthompson - 51 minutes ago  » 

-gonzo- - 1 hour ago  » 
    Edit:

I have seen that once (it's a bit of a shock). Turned off the power for 30 minutes and they all came back on reboot.

They came back after a standby cycle for me.

| Sat 6 Sep 2014 17:07:23 #6 |
  7. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

REPASSAC - 13 minutes ago  » 

-gonzo- - 1 hour ago  » 
    Edit:

A standby cycle didn't work, but leaving unplugged for a while got them back again.

| Sat 6 Sep 2014 17:23:51 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Gonzo, did you do a power cycle inbetween the standby and leaving it unplugged for a while?
    It'd be useful to know whether a cold reboot would fix it or whether it needs time to discharge and/or cool down

| Sat 6 Sep 2014 18:44:07 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

-gonzo- - 1 hour ago  » 

REPASSAC - 13 minutes ago  » 

-gonzo- - 1 hour ago  » 
    Edit:

A standby cycle didn't work, but leaving unplugged for a while got them back again.

It's a relief is it not

I have a theory (no way to prove it). It could be some sort of timing issue on booting related to the way processor interrupts are proceessed. During boot it's possible that the code relating to hard disk access is interrupted by a higher level interrupt process that results in failure to locate the recordings partition.

| Sat 6 Sep 2014 18:53:01 #9 |
  10. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

damian - 5 hours ago  » 
    Gonzo, did you do a power cycle inbetween the standby and leaving it unplugged for a while?
    It'd be useful to know whether a cold reboot would fix it or whether it needs time to discharge and/or cool down

What do you actually mean by a power cycle? How is that different to putting in and out of standby or unplugging the power for a little while?

| Sun 7 Sep 2014 0:18:20 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.