My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

YouTube video flashes LOADING constantly

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonegee

Ever since the last update YouTube videos flash "LOADING" constantly in the middle of the screen. I have a 30MB broadband speed and never had this problem before. It's very annoying and happens with any and all videos played.

Is there a way to stop the "LOADING" text from appearing ?

| Sun 7 Jul 2013 23:16:46 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Not due to the last update. It started not long after the youtube app launched.

All parties involved are investgating the issue, no timescale as to when it will be fixed.

| Mon 8 Jul 2013 0:06:32 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonegee

Ok thanks for the info. I had seen it before but it used to stop and only appear periodically throughout the video but seems to have got worse so I put 2 + 2 together and got 5 !

Hope they fix it soon

| Mon 8 Jul 2013 9:32:09 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

tonegee - 12 hours ago  » 
    Ok thanks for the info. I had seen it before but it used to stop and only appear periodically throughout the video but seems to have got worse so I put 2 + 2 together and got 5 !
    Hope they fix it soon

Well it's been around 3 months so far so I wouldn't be holding your breath. I've given up with it completely now and gone back to my Apple TV which has no such issues. Bottom line, there really aren't enough Freesat users to make fixing this a priority.

| Mon 8 Jul 2013 22:25:27 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

evtilsley

Agree with earlier posting.. a few months ago it flashed up rarely, hardly ever. Used it just now (Same conncetion..dead fast) and it's blinking on off like mad now.

| Sat 20 Jul 2013 18:41:47 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Freeley

Hi all new member here been following things on here since i got my box about 3 months ago. Well pleased with it but have been annoyed with the constant flashing of the loading message.
    Just watching a few videos now and am pleased to report that it has now gone hurray!

| Thu 25 Jul 2013 16:45:04 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Freeley

Whoops just realised that my swanky new tv had connected to my phone and was playing the videos rather than the box!
    Loading message is still flashing..... At least i don't need this feature on the box any more.

| Thu 25 Jul 2013 16:54:19 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Freeley - 2 days ago  » 
    Whoops just realised that my swanky new tv had connected to my phone and was playing the videos rather than the box!
    Loading message is still flashing..... At least i don't need this feature on the box any more.

That's interesting as I get the Flashing loading icon whether I connect using my iPad Android phone or the Humax itself?

| Sun 28 Jul 2013 16:07:08 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.