My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Youview T-1010 - On Demand Issues

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hudson2525

Hello all,

First post as i am having zero luck with Humax themselves who appear to think that my box is just dandy even though i can not use the information button to find out about programmes (YVM104). I get this code and it does not work, i need to keep pressing the power button to reset it to get it to work.... every time ! This is also true with the on demand services where i get the same YVM104, they simply will not work unless i reset the box everytime i want to use it ! Humax appears to think this is fine.... the only solution is a total reset which will mean i lose all my recordings. Am i being unfair here in thinking this box is a total con and to move to something else asap ?

| Thu 5 Mar 2015 10:13:11 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

What is your router? There used to be a known problem between the YouView box and the VM SuperHub.

| Thu 5 Mar 2015 10:20:31 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hudson2525

I am with Virgin and have their usual black shiny hub ?

| Thu 5 Mar 2015 10:45:36 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hudson2525

It did work all fine when first purchased and i had the same router then..... i have had issues with the Humax 9200 freeview box previously but decided to give them another go instead of simply getting the virgin tivo box.... mistake i think, i won't make it again.

| Thu 5 Mar 2015 11:00:22 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Have a look at this thread in the YouView forum:

https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/yvm104_with_virgin_media_superhub

If it seems to fit with what you're getting, I'd suggest ringing YouView Support. Or you might want to talk to Virgin first, to see if your router can be upgraded.

Case of two bodies, both in the wrong, neither of them apparently willing to mend their ways.

| Thu 5 Mar 2015 11:05:42 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Hudson2525 - 5 minutes ago  » 
    It did work all fine when first purchased and i had the same router then..... i have had issues with the Humax 9200 freeview box previously but decided to give them another go instead of simply getting the virgin tivo box.... mistake i think, i won't make it again.

If it worked when first purchased, yours may be a different problem. When did you first encounter it?

| Thu 5 Mar 2015 11:07:22 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hudson2525

To be honest i don't know, i would guess about 9 months ago but i just happened one night when trying to look up what a certain progeamme was about.

| Thu 5 Mar 2015 11:43:24 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hudson2525

That link is interesting..... how do i find out if my superhub is a 1 or a 2 ?

| Thu 5 Mar 2015 11:48:33 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

10. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

It might not fix your problem but you can do a factory reset and keep your recordings: see here. Use the instructions to access the maintenance menu and select option 2 'factory reset, keep recordings'.

| Thu 5 Mar 2015 20:41:10 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.