My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

1010s update to allow spaces in password

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

space

Where can I get the firmware update to allow spaces in the wifi password?

The Humax product support page for to 1010s currently has no Updates, Installation videos or Manuals available.

Did it ever?
    I thought the 1010s had been out since at least January 1013.

| Sat 2 Nov 2013 15:04:46 #1 |
  2. brian

brian

special member

You will have to remove any spaces from your wifi password, then it should work properly.

Why should Humax update the firmware to allow password spaces?

| Sat 2 Nov 2013 15:49:11 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

sorbiegunnerou

brian - 10 hours ago  » 
    You will have to remove any spaces from your wifi password, then it should work properly.
    Why should Humax update the firmware to allow password spaces?

Humax shouldn't have to update the firmware to allow password spaces.
    That's because if the appropriate idustry standards allow spaces in wifi passwords then the firmware should support it in the first place.
    WPA2 allows spaces in passwords and possibly WPA does as well I'm not sure so why is this not supported on this wifi box?

| Sun 3 Nov 2013 2:08:37 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

space

So if Humax think it is OK to not support the wifi alliance standards and still display the wifi logo have they got a fleet of specially trained engineers who are going to come out and update my router and all my other wifi products that vary from Windows to Apple and Android to Linux?

| Sun 3 Nov 2013 10:37:09 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

space

But joking apart, this would be such a simple change for any engineer to make. As the interface allows spaces to be added, the program that saves the password must be stripping them out, just fix that and the job is done, and best of all no regression testing, it will not affect any existing installations with passwords.

| Sun 3 Nov 2013 10:39:09 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Interestingly, some time ago I posted on the official Freesat forums that passwords could not contain spaces. This was in response to a user complaining that his wi-fi password did not work in the 1000S. The admin immediately deleted my post.
    Still trying to work out why. If it is true then why not acknowledge it, if not true then deny it.

| Sun 3 Nov 2013 12:41:16 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.