My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

1100S - both tuners falsely show 'no signal'

(33 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nanteos

I have had the 1100S 5 yrs with no problems, but when I switched on last night there was no picture, the Freesat Guide was not populated, and when I checked the signal strength, it told me I had no satellite signal on either tuner. I plugged each co-ax cable direct into the TV's Freesat tuner in turn and each worked fine. I have rebooted and I have tried to do a factory re-set but don't get past 'searching for satellite signal'. My recordings are all there, and they play OK.
    Is it doomed? Thanks for any ideas.

| Fri 2 Apr 2021 12:44:34 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Nanteos - 32 mins ago  » 
    I have had the 1100S 5 yrs with no problems, but when I switched on last night there was no picture, the Freesat Guide was not populated, and when I checked the signal strength, it told me I had no satellite signal on either tuner. I plugged each co-ax cable direct into the TV's Freesat tuner in turn and each worked fine. I have rebooted and I have tried to do a factory re-set but don't get past 'searching for satellite signal'. My recordings are all there, and they play OK.
    Is it doomed? Thanks for any ideas.

When you tried the TV did both cables give you channel 999 Freesat info in the epg ?

| Fri 2 Apr 2021 13:18:16 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nanteos

No Graham. There is no 999 on either cables. The highest ch. No. is 981.

| Fri 2 Apr 2021 13:40:50 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Nanteos - 21 mins ago  » 
    No Graham. There is no 999 on either cables. The highest ch. No. is 981.

999 is on the freesat home transponder. Your Humax box will have missed overnight housekeeping so your channel database will be out of date. Without this you cannot get past a reset postcode check. Dish may have moved or lnb may have lost Horizontally polarised cables. Is the dish accessible ? Check the cabling carefully for signs of water ingress.

can you bring up the manual tune menu ?

| Fri 2 Apr 2021 14:07:36 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nanteos

The dish and LNB is accessible and only 6 mths old. It's a hybrid and I have an Arris freesat receiver on the 2 wideband connections, a posh Oled on 1 standard connection, and the Humax 1100S on 2 other standard connections. The Arris box and the Oled TV are both working fine, but also do not have channel 999. Well, that is channel 999 is shown at the end of their EPGs but with no data. The cabling to the lnb was done by me and is in good condition.

Unable to find the manual tune menu - where is it please?

When I first posted, the signal strength display confirmed that the box was connected with 2 cables, and no signal from either, but now it says that I only have one cable connected. I have double checked and they are both still live when connected to the TV's Freesat tuner.

| Fri 2 Apr 2021 14:50:15 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nanteos

found manual tune/ STB MODE.

| Fri 2 Apr 2021 15:23:51 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I had a quality brand premium LNB fail in two weeks at a friends house.

Are you located in the U.K.? If so I suspect you have found vertical polarised channels.

| Fri 2 Apr 2021 16:12:53 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

REPASSAC - 2 mins ago  » 
    I had a quality brand premium LNB fail in two weeks at a friends house.
    Are you located in the U.K.? If so I suspect you have found vertical polarised channels.

Open the transponder list and scroll to 11428 H (some boxes may have a slightly different frequency).

What signal strength and quality does it show ?

| Fri 2 Apr 2021 16:17:10 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nanteos

Yes, in the UK.

| Fri 2 Apr 2021 16:17:31 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nanteos

I have found 11428H, pressed channel search, got 0 TV and 0 Radio

| Fri 2 Apr 2021 16:34:18 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.