My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

1100S - both tuners falsely show 'no signal'

(33 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Problems with Humax satellite tuners are almost unheard of except in the case of water ingression in the cables. A single signal on a channel does not prove that the others are O.K.

| Sun 4 Apr 2021 9:39:57 #21 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Chances are that the lack of voltage output is down to the over current protection shutting down. Did you remove the power before messing with the connections. If not chances are this is what caused it to operate. Pull the power plug out the back leave it out for a few minutes and replace it. This should reset the overcurrent trip.

If still no voltage. Disconnect the tuner 2 in cable and connect it to the TV. Turn on the TV and tune to freesat. This should then power the lnb. Make sure you actually have data on 999 by tuning to it. Seeing it in the epg does not mean that you can actually receive data from the home transponder. Now try the G2 box again.

| Sun 4 Apr 2021 11:35:25 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nanteos

When either feed cable is connected to the TV's tuner, I can select and watch any channel in the EPG Including 999 which then displays the Freesat Info page. There is nothing wrong with the dish feeds. The 1100s has been powered down many time now but the power supply from the box has still not come back, and remember, the box failed on its own, before I came to investigate the fault.

| Mon 5 Apr 2021 11:10:56 #23 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Does a freesat tune on the TV succeed?

| Mon 5 Apr 2021 11:27:09 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nanteos

Yes, I have just done a Freesat re-tune on the TV and it has found 144 TV channels which I can watch plus channel 999 which when selected displays the information page, also 38 Radio stations

| Mon 5 Apr 2021 15:33:40 #25 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Nanteos - 5 mins ago  » 
    Yes, I have just done a Freesat re-tune on the TV and it has found 144 TV channels which I can watch plus channel 999 which when selected displays the information page, also 38 Radio stations

Is the cable the very thin WF65 shotgun ? If so the very thin centre core can fail to make proper contact. Try making a slight double kink in the core conductor.

| Mon 5 Apr 2021 15:41:31 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nanteos

There are no connection problems in my F connectors and I can now report that while the 1100S is searching for a Sat signal, no voltage is being output from the female sockets on the back of the box, according to my volt-meter. Surely the box has developed a fault of some kind?

| Mon 5 Apr 2021 16:53:27 #27 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Running out of ideas. My 1000s did completely fail. This was traced to the Hard disk. After disconnecting the HDD data and power connectors the box booted as a non recording unit.

A replacement HDD solved the problem instantly.

Can you measure the 12V DC power supply voltage internally while box is trying to boot. ie when the power supply is loaded.

| Mon 5 Apr 2021 18:11:43 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nanteos

Theres no HDD problems Graham, as I can watch my recordings. So all is working except no sat signal is claimed, which we know there is. So I think we can give in to this one and get another box or repair. Thanks for all ideas.

| Mon 5 Apr 2021 19:04:51 #29 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Nanteos - 43 mins ago  » 
    Theres no HDD problems Graham, as I can watch my recordings. So all is working except no sat signal is claimed, which we know there is. So I think we can give in to this one and get another box or repair. Thanks for all ideas.

One last suggestion open the box and carefully check for electrolytic capacitors that show signs of bulging. Yours is the first G2 box I have heard of with this issue.

| Mon 5 Apr 2021 19:51:51 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.