My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Access to Foxsat-hdr via ethernet?

(23 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

egarobar

Hi folks. I have managed to get the Foxsat-hdr connected to the ethernet, and it shows me an IP address. I can ping it from the laptop. Can anyone tell me how to connect with rlogin or mount, or at least ftp? Ideally I would like to run fsck on the hard drive to make sure it's not corrupted (there's a place where it hangs up on playback). It's old, but we're still happy with it!

| Tue 26 Mar 2024 15:27:49 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

egarobar - 28 mins ago  » 
    Hi folks. I have managed to get the Foxsat-hdr connected to the ethernet, and it shows me an IP address. I can ping it from the laptop. Can anyone tell me how to connect with rlogin or mount, or at least ftp? Ideally I would like to run fsck on the hard drive to make sure it's not corrupted (there's a place where it hangs up on playback).

You need to install the custom firmware for the Foxsat-HDR (don't get confused with custom firmware for the Freeview HDR-FOX T2) from Link to FOXSAT custom firmware.

| Tue 26 Mar 2024 16:03:48 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

egarobar

Thanks very much Martin! That's great. I will have a go at it. I've looked at the readme file, and I think it's pretty clear to me. The version number is correct. Only one question - is the login and password shown there the only one I need? That is, HumaxFTP and 0000.
    Thanks again,

| Tue 26 Mar 2024 22:54:11 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

egarobar - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thanks very much Martin! That's great. I will have a go at it. I've looked at the readme file, and I think it's pretty clear to me. The version number is correct. Only one question - is the login and password shown there the only one I need? That is, HumaxFTP and 0000.

To be honest, I have never owned a FOXSAT so my knowledge is limited. If you don't get answers here, then there is a customised FOXSAT section on the https://hummy.tv.

| Wed 27 Mar 2024 0:04:47 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

The authentication on the foxsat hdr with custom firmware is simple. You can set up new accounts etc if you wish, but the default login credentials will work.

| Wed 27 Mar 2024 11:52:16 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

egarobar

Thanks very much.

| Thu 28 Mar 2024 14:41:39 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

egarobar

Hi again.. Can you please tell me where I can get a copy of the original FoxsatHDR firmware in case there's any issues with the custom firmware you have suggested? Many thanks!

I'm just being cautious (and I don't want to leave my wife without TV for any length of time!)

| Fri 29 Mar 2024 21:44:09 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

The last release was about 12 years ago and it doesn't appear to be available from official sources.
    Links to personal archive copies do get posted up from time to time, for example
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/humax-foxsat-hdr-2
    I don't have a MS sign in so can't check if it is still there if not, let us know.

| Sat 30 Mar 2024 7:48:39 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

egarobar

dino - 4 days ago  » 
    The last release was about 12 years ago and it doesn't appear to be available from official sources.
    Links to personal archive copies do get posted up from time to time, for example
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/humax-foxsat-hdr-2
    I don't have a MS sign in so can't check if it is still there if not, let us know.

It's not there any more - any other clues, please?

| Wed 3 Apr 2024 17:30:58 #9 |
  10. paulburke

Paul

Here you are:
    Foxsat CF

| Wed 3 Apr 2024 20:09:54 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.