My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Adding a new channel

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

patsy

Having just bought an HB1000S to replace my Foxsat HD so that I will be ok when the BBC iplayer moves. I am still trying to work out the difference in controls etc. Two questions, please:
    1. If Freesat add another channel (eg. Olympic channels) will the box automatically update and put them on the box without having to do factory reset.
    2. I live in North England and would like to add UTV HD to my non freesat but it does not recognise the set transponder details. I have downloaded the basic UTV channel. Is there a problem.
    Many thanks from a novice.

| Mon 19 Sep 2016 14:19:24 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to our forum. Channel updates are automatic.

See

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/update-log-for-recordwatch-apps/page/65

I will try adding UTV HD on my HDR-1000S (Same user interface as your HB1000S) when my wife has finished watching Bargain Hunt and recordings have finished.

| Mon 19 Sep 2016 14:28:31 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

UTV HD and STV HD

Settings - System Settings - STB Mode Non Freesat. OK on transponder all and select User Define.

Enter

11068 V = Select DVB-S2 8PSK, SR 23000, FEC 3/4

OK to save OK on search channels select TV and OK to scan and then OK to save. You should now be in non-freesat with STV and UTV HD available.

Note You can't record non freesat.

To get back to Freesat use the Home menu.

| Mon 19 Sep 2016 14:46:21 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

patsy

Graham Many thanks for that info. Just one point. I connected my box to my Router with an ethernet. I am with Sky Broadband and of late it has been, how would you say, intermittent. It as on average stuttered about twice per day. I tried to contact Sky via the phone. That was a joke as they are totally swamped. I reset my router and hopefully it has been resolved. Anyone else having problems.

| Mon 19 Sep 2016 14:49:31 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

patsy - 1 hour ago  » 
    Graham Many thanks for that info. Just one point. I connected my box to my Router with an ethernet. I am with Sky Broadband and of late it has been, how would you say, intermittent. It as on average stuttered about twice per day. I tried to contact Sky via the phone. That was a joke as they are totally swamped. I reset my router and hopefully it has been resolved. Anyone else having problems.

Are you on Sky Connect or getting broadband from Sky's own equipment or Sky Fibre? Sky Connect is a truly dreadful service as Sky throttle the life out of it. It is simply ADSL bought on the cheap from BT. If Sky Connect then you will be lucky to "connect" at any time without buffering.

| Mon 19 Sep 2016 15:52:04 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

patsy

Hi Faust, I am on Sky Broadband Unlimited and hopefully since I reset the button at the rear of the router and the confirmation from Sky that all is ok. It seems to be working fine. I tried Showcase and that was OK. Any problems I will be pursuing them. Many thanks for your comment. I tell you what being a newbie on here I am very impressed with the standard of comments. I wish I had found it earlier. I had a Humax Foxsat HD box until three days ago and it was ace. The only reason I swopped was because of the BBC's decision to kill iplayer on loads of boxes. All the best

| Mon 19 Sep 2016 19:49:17 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

patsy

grahamlthompson - 5 hours ago  » 
    UTV HD and STV HD
    Settings - System Settings - STB Mode Non Freesat. OK on transponder all and select User Define.
    Enter
    OK to save OK on search channels select TV and OK to scan and then OK to save. You should now be in non-freesat with STV and UTV HD available.

Graham. I have successfully got UTV HD from your brilliant info. The reason why I failed before was because I didn't enter the correct DVB number. Many thanks. Really appreciate.

| Mon 19 Sep 2016 19:51:31 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

patsy - 38 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 5 hours ago  » 
    UTV HD and STV HD
    Enter

Graham. I have successfully got UTV HD from your brilliant info. The reason why I failed before was because I didn't enter the correct DVB number. Many thanks. Really appreciate.

Good news

For future reference bookmark this site.

http://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=28.2E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear

| Mon 19 Sep 2016 20:31:13 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

avalon65

I have connetcted a 8gb Sandisk Cruzer Facet USB drive and it was recognised as a HDD to record to, but as it is only 8Gb it is too small to record any programs.
    so a USB drive can be seen as a HDD, in this case it was.

| Sat 7 Jan 2017 22:25:08 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

avalon65 - 5 minutes ago  » 
    I have connetcted a 8gb Sandisk Cruzer Facet USB drive and it was recognised as a HDD to record to, but as it is only 8Gb it is too small to record any programs.
    so a USB drive can be seen as a HDD, in this case it was.

The box can be used to replay media files Video, Photo or Music stored on a usb stick. It cannot record to flash memory devices. The repeated write and re-write of the time shift buffer file would wear it out very quickly.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/hb-1000s-is-this-unit-pvr-ready.

You need a proper hard disk to use it for recording/time shifting.

| Sat 7 Jan 2017 22:37:01 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.