My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Adding WIFI Adapter to HDR 1100S

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mexicano

Hi,

Will it be possible, or will it even work, if I plug a wifi adapter/dongle to my HDR 1100S, so I can remove the ethernet cable?

I'm thinking of getting FTTP but my tv and Humax box are in the other room and I don't want to run cables all over the flat! The tv is wifi enabled but not the Humax box.

Thanks for any advise.

| Tue 23 Jul 2024 8:24:15 #1 |
  2. Fixdit

Fixdit

special member

How about using Powerline adaptors.

| Tue 23 Jul 2024 9:30:24 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mexicano

Never heard about these. Just looked them up on Amazon. Not bad. Thanks.
    I just thought that I can just buy an adapter/dongle from ebay for about £10 and that would be it.
    My thought was to get rid of ethernet cables all together.

| Tue 23 Jul 2024 9:45:58 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

mexicano - 2 hours ago  » 
    Hi,
    Will it be possible, or will it even work, if I plug a wifi adapter/dongle to my HDR 1100S, so I can remove the ethernet cable?
    I'm thinking of getting FTTP but my tv and Humax box are in the other room and I don't want to run cables all over the flat! The tv is wifi enabled but not the Humax box.

A working HDR-1100S has Wi-Fi built in, and therefore does not need to recognise a Wi-Fi dongle.

Have you tried the inbuilt Wi-Fi of the HDR-1100S?
    You will have to unplug the Ethernet cable to enable the Wi-Fi option to be selected, otherwise the Ethernet cable takes priority.

From previous posts you've mentioned having an HDR-1100S, and also mentioned having an HDR-1000S. It is the HDR-1000S which would need a compatible dongle to directly use Wi-Fi.

| Tue 23 Jul 2024 11:03:25 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

I thought an HDR-1100S had built in WiFi so why would you want to use a dongle?

| Tue 23 Jul 2024 11:04:27 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

mexicano

Martin Liddle - 19 mins ago  » 

I thought an HDR-1100S had built in WiFi so why would you want to use a dongle?

YOU’RE RIGHT!!! I haven’t gone into the system for years and I lost the manual too. Thank goodness this forum is still alive

| Tue 23 Jul 2024 11:30:55 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.