My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

All recordings lost - and came back after re-boot

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

There I was, watching a recorded programme when the recording abruptly stopped. I went Home > Recordings and there was nothing there - all saved recordings had disappeared.

I re-booted and all the recordings re-appeared.

Presumably it was a transient problem with the file system which was corrected during the re-boot.

| Tue 2 Feb 2016 14:43:53 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

tommie06

Thanks JohnH,

similar problem this morning feb 5th 2016 on fvp4000t. Had lunch went back to machine and all recordings lost. Phoned humax and they reckoned corrupted hard drive which would need reformatting, which would mean losing the recordings. However the hard drive was showing that space was still being taken by the missing recorded programs. Read your post held finger on start button for a few seconds and then restarted. Recordings reappeared. Thanks for advice. lets hope its a one off!!

cheers tommie06

| Fri 5 Feb 2016 15:29:18 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

This is not an unusual phenomenon or at least not on certain Humax models. It happens from time to time with the HDR 1000s Freesat models, though usually with mine it's following initial boot. With my 2000T the box boots, apparently as normal, though when the media button is pressed nothing happens.

The remedy is similar for both models - for the 1000s shut down then unplug from power for a few minutes whilst the 2000T a simply shut down and reboot cures it.

| Fri 5 Feb 2016 16:11:18 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

Note that if you get the No recordings error message, the quickest solution is to record a TV programme for a few seconds - this kicks the file system into life and the recordings re-appear.

| Mon 29 Aug 2016 11:39:19 #4 |
  5. barryiow

barryiow

My FVP-4000T has once again needed a reboot, most days it needs this.
    The box is a load of *rap, I do not know how they can keep them on sale!
    So I am going to go back to using the old Fox T2, I will not record much on BBC, i can use iplayer instead.
    I will keep an eye on news re it in case they come up with better software.
    Barryiow

| Wed 31 Aug 2016 10:35:26 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

barryiow - 28 minutes ago  » 
    So I am going to go back to using the old Fox T2, I will not record much on BBC, i can use iplayer instead.

As a matter of interest, why won't you record on BBC?

| Wed 31 Aug 2016 11:05:10 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

hackenbacker

My FVP-4000T was fine before the recent update.

Since the August 22nd update, it is reliably running in to the same issue - recordings "lost" and showing up after a full reboot.

This is happening every time the device is scheduled to start a recording, and is left in standby when the recording is due to start. The recording will fail, existing recordings disappear, and all subsequent recordings fail.

Happened on all three days that I had recordings set, and have gone out with the device on standby.

| Wed 31 Aug 2016 13:03:29 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.