My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Antenna out cable

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dingus

just bought what I thought was a suitable RF male/female cable (Lindy cable), for my new Humax 1800T box, and the cable end wouldn't fit in the antenna out port - cable or port would likely have broken if I had forced it.
    anyone recommend a cable that will fit?
    ideally, I want to hook up to the TV and use the aerial without the box turned on.
    is there a better way to achieve this - e.g. splitter connector for the aerial feed, bypass the antenna out port totally?

| Thu 4 Jun 2015 9:49:03 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The rf out socket is normally a male socket requiring a female plug. A female to female adaptor (widely available as a coax lead joiner) will allow a standard male to male lead to be used.

If you fit a TV splitter to the aerial lead feeding the box to give it a discrete feed that will sort the issue unless your TV signal is marginal.

| Thu 4 Jun 2015 14:31:16 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dingus

Hi Graham, I bought a male/female RF cable, it was the female head that would not fit in the Antenna out port, looked like it should have fitted, but would not insert.
    was one of these, so it seemed to be the one I needed
    https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0033QXQGS?psc=1&tag=blusas008-21&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01
    might just have been the make of cable, but Lindy are normally good quality?

| Thu 4 Jun 2015 15:59:15 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Puzzled it should fit OK. It's the correct cable for the job.

| Thu 4 Jun 2015 17:56:47 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dingus

might just have been the connector head was slightly too small for the Humax, was really worried i'd break the port or the connector if I tried to force it too much, so I didn't go overboard.
    I'll try a different make, and see if it's any friendlier!

| Thu 4 Jun 2015 18:08:34 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dingus

well, bought another RF cable (make Cable Mountain I think), and just about got it fitted, wasn't quite as nervy as the Lindy cable.
    very snug fit in the Humax though but seems to work the TV with the Humax off.
    That Lindy cable wasn't having it at all, could have resulted in a breakage!

| Mon 15 Jun 2015 18:17:02 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.