My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura 4K 1TB Firmware

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

FonyEricson

I've just bought 2x Aura 4K 1TB and I am quite surprised to see the version of Android and also the patch version.

I am contemplating to send this back - I work in the IT security space, so not to see good security patch management or bug fixes since 2021 is a bad reflection on Humax.

Attachments

1. Software.jpg (62.4 KB, 3 downloads) 4 mnths old
    | Fri 8 Dec 2023 16:18:28 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

AceGrace

Yep, they have left all of us high and dry. It is a real shame because the Aura has almost everything you need.

| Fri 8 Dec 2023 16:42:00 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

kr002

special member

Dump it and get this
    https://manhattan-tv.com/

| Fri 8 Dec 2023 17:01:07 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

FonyEricson - 4 mins ago  » 
    I've just bought 2x Aura 4K 1TB and I am quite surprised to see the version of Android and also the patch version.
    I am contemplating to send this back - I work in the IT security space, so not to see good security patch management or bug fixes since 2021 is a bad reflection on Humax.

Nobody here is going to argue with you; we all feel disappointed that Humax abandoned the software developmenton the Aura too soon.

| Fri 8 Dec 2023 17:08:53 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveE

Trouble is looks like the Manhattan only has two tuners, I think the three tuners on the Humax are a bonus.

| Fri 8 Dec 2023 17:12:09 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

ParksidePeter

DaveE - 3 days ago  » 
    I think the three tuners on the Humax are a bonus.

+1 I ordered an Aura as soon as I saw that it had three tuners. Don't need them often but they are good to have when I do.

| Tue 12 Dec 2023 16:18:19 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

ParksidePeter

FonyEricson - 4 days ago  » 

But how many three-year-old media devices are any better?

| Tue 12 Dec 2023 16:21:01 #7 |
  8. Adwozere

Adwozere

Had my box a year and I'm on my 3rd replacement now!! All the same issues on all the boxes all they keep saying is either do a manual tune or reset whole box, can't get money back anymore!! So left with a box that's not fit for use, Humax have major issues with this box and from what I've read they are not intent on fixing these software issues!

| Fri 22 Dec 2023 0:57:29 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.