My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura apps

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

djh22

Thinking coming back to humax and buying an aura, but is Discovery Plus and Nowtv apps available on it now ?
    Ta.

| Fri 26 Apr 2024 21:18:24 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dave480

Don’t know about Discovery but there is no NowTV app.

Personally, I would never use the Aura for streaming apps it makes it unstable. Use it for Freeview recordings and catchup (does stay stable with just those installed) but get something else for streaming apps.

Or wait for the Manhattan, its due very soon, for recordings and something else for streaming apps as it only has catchup apps.

For the first time in ages I downloaded Disney+ this morning to see if things have improved and the Aura crashed trying to watch the first thing I picked so back to the AppleTV for that, it’s a far better streamer anyway.

| Sat 27 Apr 2024 10:12:27 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

djh22

Thanks Dave, I bought an Aura this morning and Discovery Plus is preloaded, no Netflix or NowTv.
    Didn't have a problem watching some sport except the picture quality is no where near as good as my Firestick.
    I just need to sort out out to turn both Hummy and LG TV off with the hummy handset,at moment it turns off both but TV comes back on.

| Sat 27 Apr 2024 15:21:41 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dave480

Many moons ago I removed all but the catchup apps to make the Aura stable so until today I hadn’t used it with them but thought I’d see what its capable of.

Its Frame Rate Matching is far better then the Firestick but either I have an issue somewhere or the reason for the bad picture is most apps are only 1080p SDR were as your Firestick and my AppleTV and Roku are 4K HDR. I tried Prime, Disney+ and AppleTV+ and all were only 1080p SDR which the Aura then up-scales to 4K and from reading elsewhere some of the 1080p streams are bit starved, making things even worse.

Having looked at the Humax advertising it says 4K and HDR10 capable but other than 4K iPlayer (which is HLG) I cannot get anything to do either.

| Sun 28 Apr 2024 16:39:28 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

djh22

I agree,have a good uhd picture on player but I'm struggling with the settings to get a good live tv picture, just seems flat and powdery compared to my 4k LG TV picture,I've left the AV settings at auto for the moment and just trying different picture settings on the LG.The LG hdmi is set to 4k, can't see anywhere on tge hummys av to change it.

| Sun 28 Apr 2024 19:36:20 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.