My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura Re booting

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mr Moley

Have had my Aura for some years without issue. However, recently almost every time I switch it on it reboots ( android animation). Why suddenly now?
    Also, am having problems with Paramount plus and Disney plus which often keep freezing or do not load. Have had these over 2 months without issue. Any thoughts?

| Thu 13 Jun 2024 9:15:41 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

No idea. My Aura gives the impression of a crash nearly every night (well, while in standby). It also forgets to record from the schedule quite often. Failing that, often can't watch live TV or recordings as something to do with Freeview has either crashed or hung. Then can't switch off with remote or button on Humax. Have to switch off at mains. Looks like we need a software update to iron out these problems. Won't hold my breath!

| Thu 13 Jun 2024 10:41:16 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

First thing to do when this happens is a Freeview Reset (no recordings lost) and this usually sorts the reboots. It just deletes all the channels and re-scans for the revised line up.

From my experience the Aura seems to get upset when any changes are made to the channel line. I now make a point as soon as any changes are made, I do a Freeview reset and that stops/sorts any future issue.

| Fri 14 Jun 2024 16:16:24 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

That hasn't solved my problem. I've had a week where, despite Freeview reset and restart apps, I have had no Freeview live when first switching on. It's not possible to do a Freeview reset as anything Freeview doesn't work. Have to unplug and reboot. Got that fed up with this daily performance that I resorted to a factory reset (supposedly preserving existing recordings). Lost normal access to recordings. Now in the process of saving disk contents before a format!

| Fri 14 Jun 2024 16:56:08 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

bobspark

As I have mentioned in other threads do a reset but don't connect to internet. Use a firestick for catch up and apps and all the problems go away and as a recording machine it works as it should.

| Sat 15 Jun 2024 7:19:19 #5 |
  6. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

This has recently started happening to me. Aura now always crashes on iplayer. Luckily I do have an Amazon firestick so will just use that instead. This is pathetic of Humax. I heard it might be a ‘memory leak’ in the Aura software.

| Sat 15 Jun 2024 22:39:28 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

humaxban

We get reboots too. But it's sporadic. And while watching something. Wife goes a bit irate if she's recording something.

I'm due a reset though. They should add resets to the sales pitch...

| Sun 16 Jun 2024 9:36:18 #7 |
  8. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

humaxban - 32 mins ago  » 
    We get reboots too. But it's sporadic. And while watching something. Wife goes a bit irate if she's recording something.
    I'm due a reset though. They should add resets to the sales pitch...

I’m not sure Freeview resets will cure it from what people say on this forum, but it might do.
    Interestingly I’m not sure the Iplayer crashes happen as often on my other Aura 2Tb upstairs connected to a 4k tv.

| Sun 16 Jun 2024 10:09:23 #8 |
  9. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

Freeview reset is working so far.

| Sun 16 Jun 2024 18:59:21 #9 |
  10. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

Thanks for the tips. Freeview reset really does seem to cure the random restarts and Iplayer crashes.

| Tue 18 Jun 2024 10:34:23 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.