My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura software dated 12.04.21 - comments

(139 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ShaunIOW

grahamlthompson - 45 mins ago  » 
    I have two examples of duplicate recordings scheduled Both on ITV-HD One On Tipping point today and the other on The Chase on Saturday. In both case displaying the detailed info says no data for one of them.
    I have left both to see what the outcome is.

I had this last night and the night before with Emmerdale on ITVHD being recorded twice, it was the same episode and I checked in schedule and it was in there twice so I have deleted one and will see what happens tonight.

| Thu 15 Apr 2021 14:25:07 #41 |
  2. GordyBoy

GordyBoy

I have noticed, on several occasions, since the 12th. April update, that live TV, via the Aura, has lip synch issues which can always be cleared by the re-start option in the settings menu.

| Thu 15 Apr 2021 15:35:16 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

Interesting GordyBoy, I have had persistent issues with lipsync since ownership but have just grown to tolerate it. Rebooting (which is what I presume restarting is) is not a comfortable solution for me in case there's a recording in progress; I wonder if there is anything we can / should do to escalate this as a potential bug that needs addressing, particularly as it seems that few others are reporting this.

Next time I encounter the sync issues I'll do a restart to see if it "works". It feels like it happens more often after I've watched a recording or used a third party service, but that might just be a gut feel thing.

| Thu 15 Apr 2021 15:54:00 #43 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

larkim - 43 mins ago  » 
    Interesting GordyBoy, I have had persistent issues with lipsync since ownership but have just grown to tolerate it. Rebooting (which is what I presume restarting is) is not a comfortable solution for me in case there's a recording in progress; I wonder if there is anything we can / should do to escalate this as a potential bug that needs addressing, particularly as it seems that few others are reporting this.
    Next time I encounter the sync issues I'll do a restart to see if it "works". It feels like it happens more often after I've watched a recording or used a third party service, but that might just be a gut feel thing.

Have you tried switching transcoding off? I had lip sync issues until I switched it off.

| Thu 15 Apr 2021 16:37:50 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

bogbody

I also had lip-sync problems.
    The basic cause in my case was not specificaly the Aura but the (5 year old) samsung TV. With the sound going via HDMI through the tv then via eARC to the Sony (2.1) soundbar the lip-sync would vary from channel to channel - presumably depending on the source stereo/DD+. Remember that DD+ Is not supported via digital optical link.
    The variation between BBC, CH5, select5 and pick was a right pain.
    The fix was to use the digital optical out from the Aura with transcoding off.
    As the sound bar is 2.1 it sounds just the same (very good) being fed stereo or DD. But, the lip-sync is fine.
    I've no plans to change the 49" TV as yet even tho I can get a 50" UHD for well under £500.

| Thu 15 Apr 2021 18:19:35 #45 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bjwgorman

This update has been awful for me. The box has froze every day since updating. The only way to stop is to turn off the power at the wall.

| Thu 15 Apr 2021 22:06:03 #46 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

boogersa - 14 hours ago  » 

larkim - 43 mins ago  » 

Have you tried switching transcoding off? I had lip sync issues until I switched it off.

Yes, transcoding switched off already.

I experimented last night with optical out direct from the box to the 2.1 soundbar and as bogbody suggested that seemed to cure things. But then I lose some one-remote convenience as I need to use the soundbar remote to switch to optical, which is a shame. Hey ho, if it's a TV issue rather than Aura I'll live with that!!

| Fri 16 Apr 2021 7:04:39 #47 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Bjwgorman - 11 hours ago  » 
    This update has been awful for me. The box has froze every day since updating. The only way to stop is to turn off the power at the wall.

No problems with my box.

Try a full reset.

Export your settings - Freeview Play Preferences. Export User Preferences.

Then Factory Reset.

Import saved preferences after reset

| Fri 16 Apr 2021 9:54:58 #48 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bjwgorman

grahamlthompson - 11 hours ago  » 

No problems with my box.
    Try a full reset.
    Then Factory Reset.

Will I lose my recordings?

| Fri 16 Apr 2021 21:28:31 #49 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Bjwgorman - 12 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 11 hours ago  » 

No problems with my box.
    Try a full reset.
    Then Factory Reset.

Will I lose my recordings?

No.

| Sat 17 Apr 2021 10:22:24 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.