My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura suggestions to improve unit.

(207 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

longtalltim

grahamlthompson - 14 mins ago  » 

longtalltim - 7 mins ago  » 
    It would be great to group the recordings list by genre, and / or to be able to use folders to move recordings around.

The epg has genre search. Not sure the actual recordings have the genre included in the metadata. If not no way to search on it.

The EGP has genre highlighting (not ‘filtering’ as shown in the EPG... that would be more useful.).
    If you press ‘info’ on any recording the genre is shown to the right of the duration at the top.

| Fri 26 Feb 2021 20:03:53 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gizmo247

2 hours 30 minutes to convert 3 hours and 15 minutes of recording to mobile format at 2Mbps.

This feature needs some work otherwise it is just not viable.

| Sun 28 Feb 2021 16:22:12 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

boogersa - 4 days ago  » 
    Currently when you start watching a recording but a bit behind (whilst it is still being recorded) and you exit but then go back in again to watch it and it is still being recorded it starts from the beginning. Like the fvp5000 I want it to ask me if I want to resume or start from the beginning.

This may have been fixed in previous firmware but not documented. I was watching MOTD2 last night as it was being recorded and I was behind the live time. I exited the program but returned (whilst it was still being recorded) and it resumed from the point I left. It did not start from the beginning of the program. I tried this several times and it resumed from the point I left each time. It doesn’t ask you if you want to restart from the beginning or resume, but it’s better IMO that it resumes.

| Mon 1 Mar 2021 11:11:54 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Longshanks12345

When streaming to app on phone, can it be full screen?

| Tue 2 Mar 2021 9:40:54 #24 |
  5. brian

brian

special member

Longshanks12345 - 34 mins ago  » 
    When streaming to app on phone, can it be full screen?

It already does stream full screen.

| Tue 2 Mar 2021 10:17:26 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

It doesn't default to full screen though; defaulting to it would make sense to me (I've seen other video apps which do this, including the app that linked the EE TV PVR). I agree, it would be preferable to the default of fitting into the portrait orientation.

| Tue 2 Mar 2021 12:09:45 #26 |
  7. brian

brian

special member

larkim - 2 mins ago  » 
    It doesn't default to full screen though; defaulting to it would make sense to me (I've seen other video apps which do this, including the app that linked the EE TV PVR). I agree, it would be preferable to the default of fitting into the portrait orientation.

I can't see anything wrong with the way it works now.

Perhaps it would be okay when using a tablet, as all of the app features work in landscape mode, unlike on a phone, where portrait mode is the only way to use most features.

| Tue 2 Mar 2021 12:22:03 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

larkim - 1 hour ago  » 

Your right this would indeed be better.

| Tue 2 Mar 2021 13:20:41 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

andyd1302

The wish list item for me would be for the distracting "Start Recording" notification which appears in the top right hand corner on timer record to be either completely disabled or at least a menu item added to toggle it on or off.

If you're in the middle of a particularly gritty drama or an engrossing film, it tends to take the edge off when the Aura tells you Dave is starting recording Taskmaster at 10PM-10.30 etc.

The colour of the light on the front of the box is enough to indicate the status of the device.

I think the feature was present on the HDR-1000S for a while by default before it was removed in a later update

| Tue 2 Mar 2021 16:02:37 #29 |
  10. mhargreaves

Mark Hargreaves

special member

andyd1302 - 4 hours ago  » 
    The wish list item for me would be for the distracting "Start Recording" notification which appears in the top right hand corner on timer record to be either completely disabled or at least a menu item added to toggle it on or off.
    If you're in the middle of a particularly gritty drama or an engrossing film, it tends to take the edge off when the Aura tells you Dave is starting recording Taskmaster at 10PM-10.30 etc.
    The colour of the light on the front of the box is enough to indicate the status of the device.
    I think the feature was present on the HDR-1000S for a while by default before it was removed in a later update

I would second this. There's no need for a device to tell you it's doing what it's supposed to do

| Tue 2 Mar 2021 20:50:51 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.