My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura suggestions to improve unit.

(207 posts)
  1. Fixdit

Fixdit

Change the method of selecting a day in the EPG back to that used in FOX t2 hdr,using the fast forward and back buttons.
    Selecting yellow button then the day is ok for one day, to select another you have to repeat the above, because it reverts to current day.

| Tue 2 Mar 2021 22:12:07 #31 |
  2. brian

brian

special member

andyd1302 - 7 hours ago  » 
    The wish list item for me would be for the distracting "Start Recording" notification which appears in the top right hand corner on timer record to be either completely disabled or at least a menu item added to toggle it on or off.
    If you're in the middle of a particularly gritty drama or an engrossing film, it tends to take the edge off when the Aura tells you Dave is starting recording Taskmaster at 10PM-10.30 etc.
    The colour of the light on the front of the box is enough to indicate the status of the device.
    I think the feature was present on the HDR-1000S for a while by default before it was removed in a later update

I like the recording notifications, so there should perhaps be an option to disable them if you don’t like them.

| Tue 2 Mar 2021 22:12:45 #32 |
  3. brian

brian

special member

Fixdit - 1 min ago  » 
    Change the method of selecting a day in the EPG back to that used in FOX t2 hdr,using the fast forward and back buttons.
    Selecting yellow button then the day is ok for one day, to select another you have to repeat the above, because it reverts to current day.

Fast forward and reverse buttons are already used in the guide to skip forward or backwards in 2 hour periods.

| Tue 2 Mar 2021 22:15:42 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

brian - 19 mins ago  » 

The wish list item for me would be for the distracting "Start Recording" notification which appears in the top right hand corner on timer record to be either completely disabled or at least a menu item added to toggle it on or off.
    If you're in the middle of a particularly gritty drama or an engrossing film, it tends to take the edge off when the Aura tells you Dave is starting recording Taskmaster at 10PM-10.30 etc.
    The colour of the light on the front of the box is enough to indicate the status of the device.
    I think the feature was present on the HDR-1000S for a while by default before it was removed in a later update

I like the recording notifications, so there should perhaps be an option to disable them if you don’t like them.

Agree. I find it comforting when a message appears telling you what’s what. I bet if it didn’t have pop ups at all it would on the improvements list!

| Tue 2 Mar 2021 22:33:58 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

I'm in the no notification camp. Never seen another pvr do this and never seen it flagged as a "wish" before. But as others say, a toggle option is the best of both worlds.

| Wed 3 Mar 2021 5:49:15 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

andyd1302

larkim - 4 hours ago  » 
    I'm in the no notification camp. Never seen another pvr do this and never seen it flagged as a "wish" before. But as others say, a toggle option is the best of both worlds.

I'd make the point if you go to the cinema, you wouldn't want a message flashing up during the film you're currently watching that says a film you intend to watch next Week has just started

A bit extreme, but you get the gist

| Wed 3 Mar 2021 10:31:03 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

boogersa - 12 hours ago  » 

brian - 19 mins ago  » 

Agree. I find it comforting when a message appears telling you what’s what. I bet if it didn’t have pop ups at all it would on the improvements list!

I am definitely in the prefer to see a notification camp. I find it reassuring on my HDR and 4000 when I see the notification pop up to show that all is going to plan. With the amount of programs the Humax can record, sometimes a light is just not enough to give the information I like to know.

Agree a switchable setting would satisfy both groups of people

| Wed 3 Mar 2021 11:33:56 #37 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

MrMiggins - 1 week ago  » 
    Thanks for replying. Checked my settings, and I have turned that off; which explains the improvement since we first got the Aura. However, there is still a sync issue that definitely needs sorting. Checking customer reviews, it is one of the main complaints and reason for returns.

From Humax Towers:

1. Which Audio devices are in use (TV, AVR, Sound bar..) and what is the connection (Direct HDMI or ARC..).

2. Check your PM's please.

| Wed 3 Mar 2021 18:40:42 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

rollsjohn

Overall this is a good bit of kit - but my wish list would start as the biggest wish -
    facility to re-order favourites and for favourites to pass through to up and down programme buttons. It's one hell of a hike from local BBC One to BBC One HD.
    Program list facility - as was on the Fox. This could be on the OK button since pressing this during live TV gives the same information as the i button
    Media server facility so that TV's in other rooms can pick up recording made on the Aura - again like the Fox used to
    The voice command doesn't seem to respond accurately, e.g. saying BBC One HD switches to the SD channel whilst saying ITV HD works fine as does ITV on its own which goes to the SD channel. Some channels are not recognised at all.
    It's sad really that so many features on older models are not carried through to new ones. New whistles and bells seem to take priority. Other members of the family not so tech savvy get used facilities and find it difficult to re-adjust to new ones which seem to be less functional.

| Fri 5 Mar 2021 16:20:26 #39 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

rollsjohn - 1 min ago  » 
    Overall this is a good bit of kit - but my wish list would start as the biggest wish -
    facility to re-order favourites and for favourites to pass through to up and down programme buttons. It's one hell of a hike from local BBC One to BBC One HD.
    Program list facility - as was on the Fox. This could be on the OK button since pressing this during live TV gives the same information as the i button
    Media server facility so that TV's in other rooms can pick up recording made on the Aura - again like the Fox used to
    It's sad really that so many features on older models are not carried through to new ones. New whistles and bells seem to take priority. Other members of the family not so tech savvy get used facilities and find it difficult to re-adjust to new ones which seem to be less functional.

You can skip instantly to any channel in the epg if you know it's lcn

eg if you tap in 103 and press enter you jump instantly to ITV-HD

| Fri 5 Mar 2021 16:23:17 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.