My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura suggestions to improve unit.

(207 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

rollsjohn

grahamlthompson - 4 hours ago  » 

rollsjohn - 1 min ago  » 
    Overall this is a good bit of kit - but my wish list would start as the biggest wish -
    facility to re-order favourites and for favourites to pass through to up and down programme buttons. It's one hell of a hike from local BBC One to BBC One HD.
    Program list facility - as was on the Fox. This could be on the OK button since pressing this during live TV gives the same information as the i button
    Media server facility so that TV's in other rooms can pick up recording made on the Aura - again like the Fox used to
    It's sad really that so many features on older models are not carried through to new ones. New whistles and bells seem to take priority. Other members of the family not so tech savvy get used facilities and find it difficult to re-adjust to new ones which seem to be less functional.

You can skip instantly to any channel in the epg if you know it's lcn
    eg if you tap in 103 and press enter you jump instantly to ITV-HD

Yes agreed, that's ok for me but some members of the family can't even remember how old they are! It's much more sensible to have a programme navigation system that's user friendly.

| Fri 5 Mar 2021 21:45:29 #41 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

rollsjohn - 30 mins ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 4 hours ago  » 

rollsjohn - 1 min ago  » 
    Overall this is a good bit of kit - but my wish list would start as the biggest wish -
    facility to re-order favourites and for favourites to pass through to up and down programme buttons. It's one hell of a hike from local BBC One to BBC One HD.
    Program list facility - as was on the Fox. This could be on the OK button since pressing this during live TV gives the same information as the i button
    Media server facility so that TV's in other rooms can pick up recording made on the Aura - again like the Fox used to
    It's sad really that so many features on older models are not carried through to new ones. New whistles and bells seem to take priority. Other members of the family not so tech savvy get used facilities and find it difficult to re-adjust to new ones which seem to be less functional.

You can skip instantly to any channel in the epg if you know it's lcn
    eg if you tap in 103 and press enter you jump instantly to ITV-HD

Yes agreed, that's ok for me but some members of the family can't even remember how old they are! It's much more sensible to have a programme navigation system that's user friendly.

I am 76. I can still look at a simple printout of the lcn's.

I also remember my mobile number

I can still remember the HD channels I always record from and being on the same Mux can record all 4 and with a simple dodge record all 5.

How may channels do you expect 3 tuners to b e able to record ??

And also being a subscriber to Radio Times.

Why would I want to view channels not on the lcns listed there ansd also online guides.

Sorry I think this is total non-starter. Absolutely zero chance of this ever happening. But what do I Know

| Fri 5 Mar 2021 22:22:32 #42 |
  3. mhargreaves

Mark Hargreaves

special member

rollsjohn - 14 hours ago  » 
    The voice command doesn't seem to respond accurately, e.g. saying BBC One HD switches to the SD channel whilst saying ITV HD works fine as does ITV on its own which goes to the SD channel. Some channels are not recognised at all.

I agree about the re ordering of favourites, as on the FVP-5000T.

| Sat 6 Mar 2021 8:13:36 #43 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

rollsjohn - 16 hours ago  » 

Set up Favourites list, and select with red button in guide, only channels in the fav list will be displayed.

Might have the wrong idea as to what you are getting at, but pressing up will list channels.

Media server facility so that TV's in other rooms can pick up recording made on the Aura
    Being tested in current beta.

The voice command doesn't seem to respond accurately, e.g. saying BBC One HD switches to the SD channel whilst saying ITV HD works fine as does ITV on its own which goes to the SD channel.

Try saying the channel number.

| Sat 6 Mar 2021 9:30:59 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

MickO

The ability to watch and set recordings from outside home network. For instance, I'm waiting elsewhere such as a hospital bed and want to watch a recorded episode.

| Sat 6 Mar 2021 14:52:04 #45 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

andyd1302

Apologies in advance, but I'm going to have a moan again at the presence of the recording info box

After using the box a bit more in the past Week (once using 3 tuners to timer record separate programmes), the amount of message boxes being shown reached ludicrous proportions during playback of a stored recording,

Within the hour and a bit programme being watched, there was no less than six information boxes I noticed appearing on screen in the top right hand corner (different start/end times).

The script went like this:

Begin watching selected recorded programme...

15 minutes in, info box 1 appears:
    "Preparing Recording"

30 minutes in, info box 2 appears:
    "Starting Recording"

32 minutes in, info box 3 appears:
    "Starting Recording"

1hr 2 minutes in, info box 4 appears:
    "Completed Recording"

1hr 5 minutes in, info box 5 appears:
    "Preparing Recording"

1hr 10 minutes in, info box 6 appears:
    "Starting Recording"

I may even missed a couple, but I dare say if the schedule was further staggered (say at Christmas) with multiple overlapping timer settings when in normal use, the recording info boxes would be going nuts.

In normal one timer use, the status light should surely be enough but if the user needs to know the status of recordings 2 & 3 etc., the recording status can always be called up via the appropriate remote button?

I realise it's a semi-divisive issue but please Humax consider those who don't want the distraction from the programme itself.

At least a toggle switch in the menu to switch the feature off would be much appreciated, as I predict it will become a major source of irritation for a fair few users if kept in it's default 'on' state.

The beta improvements have been excellent so far with a lot of the bugs ironed out, but this is one feature which would enhance the box even further

| Sun 7 Mar 2021 11:51:09 #46 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrMiggins

I am in the 'like the recording notification' camp.
    I think the ability to toggle them on or off is the best solution.

| Sun 7 Mar 2021 13:43:18 #47 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

MrMiggins - 20 mins ago  » 

Ditto!
    I don’t want functionality completely removed if it works fine. My opinion is leave well alone or allow it to be toggled on/off. I’m sure that there are more pressing issues to be resolved?

| Sun 7 Mar 2021 14:05:36 #48 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

boogersa - 1 min ago  » 

MrMiggins - 20 mins ago  » 

Ditto!
    I don’t want functionality completely removed if it works fine. My opinion is leave well alone or allow it to be toggled on/off. I’m sure that there are more pressing issues to be resolved?

and another ditto

| Sun 7 Mar 2021 14:06:50 #49 |
  10. mhargreaves

Mark Hargreaves

special member

Barry - 1 day ago  » 

rollsjohn - 16 hours ago  » 

Set up Favourites list, and select with red button in guide, only channels in the fav list will be displayed.

I think the wish is to be able to reorder the favourites within a list - so that in the guide you can see, for example, the channels in the order BBC1, BBC2, ITV, ITV+1, C4, C4+1, C5 etc. This can be done on the FVP-5000T. Also, once a favourite list has been selected, it would be good if the channel up and down buttons used only the channels in the selected list, so when channel-flicking, I don't have to (for example) flick through all the adult channels I never watch (honestly!)

| Sun 7 Mar 2021 18:18:15 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.