My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura suggestions to improve unit.

(207 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

MickO - 1 day ago  » 
    The ability to watch and set recordings from outside home network. For instance, I'm waiting elsewhere such as a hospital bed and want to watch a recorded episode.

You can set recordings remotely with the app. Watching remotely can be done using the Webcontrol interface if you set up port forwarding correctly.

| Sun 7 Mar 2021 21:16:38 #51 |
  2. Fixdit

Fixdit

An On screen warning if you try to install updates if a recording is imminent.

| Tue 9 Mar 2021 9:43:03 #52 |
  3. davidrew

davidrew

special member

Two things for the Aura APP. Current Installed V 1.0.9 (Installed 09.03.2021)

1. There is a bug on our iPad (iPad Pro 9.7inch) where double digit dates only show the first digit (see screenshot) this is in portrait and landscape. We don't have any Accessibility settings enabled. The dates display correctly on an iPhone 7.

2. Could there be an option to select and just show list of favourite channels in a specific order? I always have to scroll down to the HD channels every time I start it up.

Attachments

1. Aura_App_iPad_Dates_Bug.jpg (305.7 KB, 1 downloads) 3 years old
    | Tue 9 Mar 2021 12:02:36 #53 |
  4. brian

brian

special member

davidrew - 6 hours ago  » 
    1. There is a bug on our iPad (iPad Pro 9.7inch) where double digit dates only show the first digit (see screenshot) this is in portrait and landscape. We don't have any Accessibility settings enabled. The dates display correctly on an iPhone 7.

Here is a screenshot from my iPad Pro 9.7inch, and the dates display correctly. Which version of iPadOS do you have? I have version 14.5.

I can reproduce your issue if I alter the text size via,

Settings > Display & Brightness > Text Size

With the slider two marks to the right of centre, the dates are as shown in your screenshot. My default text size is with the slider in the middle.

Attachments

1. IMG_0030.PNG (518.4 KB, 0 downloads) 3 years old
    | Tue 9 Mar 2021 18:38:55 #54 |
  5. mhargreaves

Mark Hargreaves

special member

Is it possible to make it clearer which app is selected on the main home menu. It can sometimes be difficult to tell until you start moving through them

| Wed 10 Mar 2021 0:13:18 #55 |
  6. davidrew

davidrew

special member

brian - 15 hours ago  » 

davidrew - 6 hours ago  » 

Here is a screenshot from my iPad Pro 9.7inch, and the dates display correctly. Which version of iPadOS do you have? I have version 14.5.

I can reproduce your issue if I alter the text size via,
    Settings > Display & Brightness > Text Size
    With the slider two marks to the right of centre, the dates are as shown in your screenshot. My default text size is with the slider in the middle.

I had a look at this and the Dynamic Text Size is set to maximum on our iPad. You are correct that if you set it to anything other than the two largest sizes the dates are fully visible. It looks as if the app is using dynamic text just for the title and date headers on the TV Guide and all text on the other screens.

There is plenty of room to accommodate the larger text on the TV Guide just needs the app tweaking. My wife likes the larger text as she wears glasses so don't want to change the dynamic size setting down just to fix one app.

| Wed 10 Mar 2021 10:29:12 #56 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

rollsjohn

Timers - on timer and off timer (sleep). Can't find any mention of these in setup or user manual. Would be useful as with the old Fox.

| Thu 11 Mar 2021 13:53:50 #57 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

A suggestion; when watching a programme live, it should allow the buffer to be added into the recording if record is selected part way through. E.g I start watching documentary live. 15 minutes in I realise my wife would have been interested too so I hit record button.

Currently when the recording is viewed, the first 15 minutes would be missing from the recording, despite the fact that I could rewind to the beginning whilst watching at the time.

| Thu 11 Mar 2021 14:08:03 #58 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

howarp

For me before adding new feature I would prefer if the core faults are resolved first:

1.EPG not showing all "R" record flags - random fault affects any channel, and yet record flags are always present in the Aura app.
    2.EPG time occasionally goes out by several hours - resolved by soft reset.
    3.Occasionally random short (1 second) video pixellation on recordings or chase play - nothing wrong with my aerial etc: only the Aura displays this issue.
    4.After a reset ethernet connection not recognised until I switch wifi on then off then it's recognised.

| Thu 11 Mar 2021 14:39:27 #59 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

I am not yet an Aura owner but one thing that I think I have seen mentioned is that the Aura shares a problem with the FVP-5000T where when the start or end time of scheduled recording is changed then the recording (using accurate recording) is unlikely to be complete whereas an HDR-FOX T2 will produce a faultless recording. It would be nice to see the Aura able to match the Ageing HDR-FOX T2 in this respect.

| Sat 13 Mar 2021 22:59:56 #60 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.