My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Bad reception

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rob14

Good morning
    I have an issue with my HDR FOX T2 such that whenever I am watching a channel after a while the reception becomes poor with lines appearing across the screen and it jumping such that words (and pictures) are missed. After a while it may return to normal (good) reception. If I'm recording a programme then the same thing happens. This happens after anything between from when I turn it on to 20 minutes after I have turned it on, but it does happen sporadically and continues for anything up to 30 minutes at a time.
    Any diagnosis of what the problem is and if it can be repaired would be most welcome

| Fri 4 Aug 2023 11:49:25 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

fedman1

special member

Hi,
    Welcome to the forum.
    There could be several reasons for your problem. When the signal breakup occurs have you checked what the HDR FOX T2 reports for both Signal Strength & Signal Quality? Ideally strength should be 60-80%, quality 100%.
    It has been reported that picture & sound breakup can be caused by local interference or radiation from HDMI cables. Also new 5G phone installations, has a new mast appeared in your area.
    Good luck.

| Fri 4 Aug 2023 12:30:08 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Rob14 - 4 hours ago  » 
    Any diagnosis of what the problem is and if it can be repaired would be most welcome

Are you tuned to the transmitter with the strongest reception for your aerial?

| Fri 4 Aug 2023 16:09:37 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rob14

Good morning both
    Thank you for your feedback.
    Signal strength is running around 78%. Quality is 100%.
    Not sure how to check which transmitter I am connected to but, given the signal strength and quality, presumably the transmitter we are connected to is fine...?
    Any other suggestions/ideas as to what the problem is would be most welcome.
    Rob

| Sat 5 Aug 2023 7:21:12 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Rob14 - 2 hours ago  » 
    Signal strength is running around 78%. Quality is 100%.

Is that on all channels or just one?

Not sure how to check which transmitter I am connected to but, given the signal strength and quality, presumably the transmitter we are connected to is fine...?

To get a good idea of the best transmitter go to:

https://www.freeview.co.uk/corporate/detailed-transmitter-information

The other possibility is that a hardware problem is causing the breakup but I don't immediately recognise the symptoms as being one of the commoner problems.

| Sat 5 Aug 2023 9:56:12 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rob14

Good morning Martin
    Many thanks for your response/advice.
    Yes it is on all channels.
    I've looked at the link you kindly sent through. Can you tell me how I am able to check which transmitter I am connected to please?
    Rob

| Sun 6 Aug 2023 9:15:45 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Rob14 - 38 mins ago  » 
    I've looked at the link you kindly sent through. Can you tell me how I am able to check which transmitter I am connected to please?

In Settings go to System> Signal Detection when tuned to BBC 1 SD. Note down the Multiplex Channel number that is displayed; the multiplex is BBC A. Repeat for BBC1 HD (Multiplex BBC B), ITV1 SD (Multiplex D3&4), Sky Arts (11) (Multiplex ARQ A), Quest (12)(Multiplex ARQ B), Drama (20) (Multiplex SDN).

Compare the multiplex channel numbers with the numbers shown in in the column headed "N" in the Coverage prediction for your location. If they match you are tuned correctly.

Do you see the same problem if the TV is connected direct to the aerial (rather than passing through the Humax)?

| Sun 6 Aug 2023 10:17:43 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rob14

Good morning Martin
    I connected the TV direct to the aerial and ran it all evening yesterday with no issues, so I guess that means the aerial, aerial lead and reception are all fine and that there must be an issue with the Humax...
    I guess the question is whether this is repairable?
    Rob

| Mon 7 Aug 2023 7:43:42 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Rob14 - 1 hour ago  » 
    I guess the question is whether this is repairable?

I would suggest also posting the question over at https://hummy.tv/forum/ where several hardware fixes have been identified.

| Mon 7 Aug 2023 9:30:05 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rob14

Thanks Martin. I have now done that. But if anyone here knows a solution please let me know.

| Mon 7 Aug 2023 17:06:11 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.