My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

BBC iPlayer not working

(53 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

amarmia

YES - me too. What is going on. Like everyone else on this thread I can access iplayer on my tv but not through my Humax freesat. I am hopeful that somebody somewhere will throw a switch and get us back online!!

| Fri 8 Apr 2022 17:49:30 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rocksta

Same problem for me too, though only just noticed it.
    Humax HDR1000S here.

iPlayer loads but programmes fail to load:
    "Something went wrong loading this programme
    Error Code: 02001"

- tried powering off and on
    - tried powering off, then off at socket, then reboot
    - tried using iPlayer Beta

Still have the problem.

| Sat 9 Apr 2022 22:14:51 #22 |
  3. Gothamite

Gothamite

4. User has not uploaded an avatar

kilroyuk

| Sun 10 Apr 2022 7:42:42 #24 |
  5. Den

Denise

I am having the same problem with my humax hdr 1100s and I cannot get bbc iplayer to work. This only happened a few days ago.

| Mon 11 Apr 2022 17:39:19 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi Denise,
    Welcome to the Humax Forum.
    Join the long queue . . . still waiting for BBC/Freesat/Humax to fix the issue.
    Very annoying & extremely frustrating. Nearly a week now since they investigated issue. Not sure if it is BBC or Hardware problem, but it needs fixing & supported for the future.

It works perfectly on the Youview platform, but I'm not suprised as Youview provide regular updates & are owned by Shareholders from the TV companies. Freesat doesn't seem very well supported for software updates. Still waiting for Youtube to be fixed correctly. Although a bug fix was supplied, this still doesn't fix the whole problem. You can't press back button on remote. Hopefully they may be kind & solve problem by Easter? John L

| Tue 12 Apr 2022 14:06:48 #26 |
  7. AndrewB

AndrewB

I suggest users use the iPlayer 'Contact Us' page to log a complaint and perhaps some manager might get woken up and escalate the issue. There must be many users who have a Humax box and don't have a Smart TV so currently can't watch iPlayer content. I suspect it's an IP address issue where the BBC thinks users are outside the UK. This is their problem to fix as they are blocking the users. It must be some kind of low-level interrogation of the Humax box as my location is set to London and my router has all UK IP settings and no VPN.
    The contact form doesn't have options for Humax so I just used Smart TV, Other to log the fault:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/contact-iplayer-help/#/Need%20more%20help?

| Tue 12 Apr 2022 14:19:07 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi AndrewB,
    Thank you for this link. Yes, I too found no option for Humax, so I messaged them directly via another option, can't remember which one. Hopefully they will resolve.
    You could be right about the Ip address, that does make sense. Should therefore be a quick 5 minute fix? Unless they need a meeting to discuss what to do?
    John L

| Tue 12 Apr 2022 14:44:33 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ken-B

Humax email address = uksupport@humax-digital.co.uk

You may be interested in this article ...
    https://www.smartaerials.co.uk/blog/humax-no-longer-manufacturing-freesat-boxes

If Humax is no longer associated with Freesat then I doubt that we will ever see a fix for our communal problem.

| Wed 13 Apr 2022 9:50:56 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Ken-b,
    Welcome to the forum.

Whether or not Humax are making boxes, really is not an excuse! The BBC/Freesat are responsible to fix the fault. Only recently, in the past year they provided a bug fix update for YouTube, although still not completely resolved. Humax are still involved and responsible to fix the error. So no excuse! John L

| Wed 13 Apr 2022 10:08:32 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.