Broken remote

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

voxmagna

FOR THOSE WITH REMOTES NOT WORKING:

My remote is Model RM-FO4
    MTB1.3
    SN 10.08.13

Since getting the Freeview HD recorder at Xmas, the remote has now started freezing. I have codes entered on the TV button to switch on and off my plasma panel. I also have a 'pyramid' IR sender which lights up a blue led when any IR signal from any remote is received.

When my remote 'freezes' the Plasma won't switch on or off and the Humax won't come on. My pyramid sender is always flashing so IR signals ARE leaving the Humax remote. My digicam tells me the Humax remote is actively sending data.

Only when I remove a battery in the remote to re-initialise it does it start working as it should.

Therefore, my conclusion is that the remote IS sending IR data but the data is screwed up. There is no way that any software upgrade will fix this problem, as there are no updates for remotes as far as I know.

I think mine will be going back to Humax, as it is too new to keep putting up with the problem.

| Thu 2 Feb 2012 21:00:08 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

walkerspvr

I have just started experiencing a problem with the remote not working I've changed the batteries I brought it July 2011 can anyone help please?

| Sun 5 Feb 2012 8:47:44 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

walkerspvr - 7 minutes ago  » 
    I have just started experiencing a problem with the remote not working I've changed the batteries I brought it July 2011 can anyone help please?

Welcome to the Forum

What model of PVR are you have ing problems with, and what is the software version.

| Sun 5 Feb 2012 8:55:52 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

walkerspvr

I have a HDR-FOX T2 and the only details I have is that the remote is a RM-F04 ; MDB1.3 ; SN 11.01.19 I don't know which sw version is installed I bought it from John Lewis in July 2011 the receipt says HUMAX PVR 858 18110 but these numbers may be their own product codes how can I check which version please?

| Sun 5 Feb 2012 12:15:31 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

OK this is really the wrong thread but don't worry I can get the posts moved.

There is not normally an issue with your unit.

The error some users make is not having the correct device selected via the buttons at top of remote ie PVR

Menu, Settings, System, System Information will list the software version.

| Sun 5 Feb 2012 12:36:22 #5 |
  6. Admin

Admin

administrator

posts will be moved here

| Sun 5 Feb 2012 13:48:30 #1 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

walkerspvr

Sorry to seem a bit dim but if the remote is not working I don't see how I can check your advise can it be done from the front panel if so how?

| Sun 5 Feb 2012 13:56:51 #6 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Not dim at all, which is why I mentioned the device buttons first.

No way to enter menu's from the front panel.

Clutching at straws but could someone have changed the code, see This FAQ

I believe it is possible to check if the remote is working by using a digital camera

| Sun 5 Feb 2012 15:17:50 #7 |
  9. ezra pound

ezra pound

special member

As Barry says the 'live view' of a digital camera (you dont need to take a picture) when pointed at a Remote control's Infra-Red LED will show it glowing when a button is pushed on the reomte. It's probably best to try a different Remote first so you know what you are looking for. If someone has changed the codes on your remote, Removing the batteries and then re-fitting them should re-set the remote (I think)

| Wed 8 Feb 2012 12:26:10 #8 |
  10. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

ezra pound - 9 hours ago  » 
    As Barry says the 'live view' of a digital camera (you dont need to take a picture) when pointed at a Remote control's Infra-Red LED will show it glowing when a button is pushed on the reomte.

The Camera on a mobile phone can be used as well, as could a webcam on a PC or Laptop.

| Wed 8 Feb 2012 21:56:21 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.