My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Can’t change channel whilst recording or streaming

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

Never seen this before but I could not jump directly to a channel when keying its number or selecting it via guide as I got the following message - cannot change channel when recording or streaming. I could move up/down channels by using the channel up/down button though. There was a recording ongoing at the time, however when a new recording started and the current one finished normal operations were back, e.g. I could jump to a channel by entering its number or selecting it via guide.

| Thu 1 Jul 2021 21:05:33 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

This is something I’ve seen on the 5000T. It occurs when the number of recordings in progress uses up all the tuners. On the 5000T there are three tuners. If I’m recording from three different multiplexes (ie BBC1 SD, ITV SD and TPTV) and then want to watch Sky News I would get the message you mention. I can use P+/P- to move up and down some channels but Sky News would be missing. I assume the Aura behaves in a similar way.

| Fri 2 Jul 2021 8:39:09 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

I don’t recall the total number of recordings at the time. At least one, but this must be the reason (many recordings using the tuners) why I got the message. Thanks.

| Fri 2 Jul 2021 9:18:07 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

This is happening again. It’s only recording one channel - Quest red - but it won’t change to bbc news hd. Cannot change the channel while recording or live streaming message is displayed. It seems to be fine changing to other channels but I’m not going to go through them all. This has appeared only since the latest firmware. Since I’m only recording one channel, there must be a fault with the Aura? There are however two other recordings that will be starting in the next few minutes. Does the Aura count a recording about to start after it has been prepared, e.g. 10 mins to go until it does start recording the same as a recording that is being recorded? So, 3 in total. Does my question make sense?

| Thu 8 Jul 2021 21:00:53 #4 |
  5. Mars

Mars

special member

boogersa - 8 mins ago  » 
    This is happening again. It’s only recording one channel - Quest red - but it won’t change to bbc news hd. Cannot change the channel while recording or live streaming message is displayed. It seems to be fine changing to other channels but I’m not going to go through them all. This has appeared only since the latest firmware. Since I’m only recording one channel, there must be a fault with the Aura? There are however two other recordings that will be starting in the next few minutes. Does the Aura count a recording about to start after it has been prepared, e.g. 10 mins to go until it does start recording the same as a recording that is being recorded? So, 3 in total. Does my question make sense?

Yes, it seems to 'reserve' a tuner 10 minutes before a recording starts.

| Thu 8 Jul 2021 21:11:11 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

boogersa - 12 mins ago  » 

Yes it does - It is watching these channels to look for a broadcaster to signal recording is about to start. Try multiple recordings from the main PSB3- HD mux. This has BBC 1-HD. BBC2-HD, ITV-HD, Channel 4-HD and Channel 4-HD.

A single tuner can record 2 from the same mux. A second tuner can record two others. So 4 channels at the same time using two tuner.

If you add more than 2 from the HD mux to say another recording like the quest red mux. It will use the 3rd tuner to do this.

| Thu 8 Jul 2021 21:27:06 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.