My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Can I cast live TV and recordings to another TV?

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

uksteves

Hi all,

We currently have a YouView box, which has served us well over the last few years.

However, I've been looking at the Aura, in the hope it will solve something that the YouView box can't do well.

Our setup is that we have the box in the lounge under the main TV. In our bedroom, we have a second TV. At the moment, we use one of those old fashioned video sender devices to "transmit" the output of the YouView box to the bedroom TV. Downside is that it doesn't work very well (it uses the YouView box's SCART output, so the picture quality is very poor, and it causes problems when trying to watch HD channels or recordings of HD channels).

Here's where I'm hoping the Aura might work better. The bedroom TV has a Chromecast connected to it. Using the Aura box and the companion mobile app, would I be able to cast live TV, and recordings, from the Aura box to the bedroom TV's Chromecast?

I know that this wasn't possible when the box was first released, but I've been reading about the recent improvements, and wondered if it's possible today?

If it can now be done, does anyone use this feature? Does it work well? And, in general, coming from a YouView box, how does the UI compare (in terms of ease of use, features and speed)?

Thanks!

| Tue 3 Aug 2021 21:14:25 #1 |
  2. Mars

Mars

special member

Yes, the latest version of the Aura app allows you to cast live TV and recordings. Alternatively, if your TV supports DLNA (most smart TVs with Internet connection) then you can use that without needing the app. In both cases, HD recordings and broadcasts are transcoded so they are not 1080p but look fine on a small TV.

| Thu 5 Aug 2021 10:39:30 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

uksteves

Thanks for your reply. Does the transcoding happen automatically in real time, or do you need to tell the box to convert it before you can view it?

| Thu 5 Aug 2021 13:16:58 #3 |
  4. Mars

Mars

special member

Transcoding is automatic in real time. For information, the transcoding resolution can be set at 720x576 or 960x540.

| Thu 5 Aug 2021 18:44:26 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.