My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Can you Rewind Live TV and Record from the Start?

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bradavon

My old Freeview Humax PVR-9200T I could rewind a Live Broadcast and Record from the Start of a show.

But my existing YouView Humax DTR-T2000 even if I rewind the live broadcast and press Record it'll only start recording from the moment you press record. You can't record from the buffer. Which is infuriating if you miss the start of a programme.

Can you rewind a Live Broadcast and Record from the Start of a show with the Humax FVP-4000T?

Thanks

| Fri 28 Oct 2016 15:48:31 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

J_Oz

special member

bradavon - 13 minutes ago  » 
    My old Freeview Humax PVR-9200T I could rewind a Live Broadcast and Record from the Start of a show.
    But my existing YouView Humax DTR-T2000 even if I rewind the live broadcast and press Record it'll only start recording from the moment you press record. You can't record from the buffer. Which is infuriating if you miss the start of a programme.
    Can you rewind a Live Broadcast and Record from the Start of a show with the Humax FVP-4000T?
    Thanks

Yes, provided you've been tuned in to the program from the start and it is no longer than 2 hours. (That is the buffer length I believe) And you'd only need to press record to record from the start. No need to rewind.

| Fri 28 Oct 2016 16:04:41 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bradavon

Great thanks.

It's one of those things no review for the Youview boxes mentions but is so annoying. Especially when my old Freeview box could do it. I think the Youview boxes have flash memory for the Live TV content and just use the HDD for actual recordings.

If I miss the start I have to search for a repeat to record.

| Fri 28 Oct 2016 16:07:34 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.