My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Cannot record after installing new hard drive.

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Apache

Ex Member

Hello,
    I have a Humax FVP 4000T box, the hard drive started to make funny noises so I connected humax and they sent me a replacement box, but when the box arrived it had the same problems, so I replace the hard drive in the box this when fine and the setup was fine as well, the only problem I have now is I cannot record anything on the from the TV guide, then I press the record button on the remote all that appears on screen is a yellow circle.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Matthew

| Mon 9 Sep 2019 23:04:21 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Have you tried a factory reset and selected the format hard drive option?

| Tue 10 Sep 2019 7:17:12 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Which make and model of HDD did you use for the replacement ?

| Tue 10 Sep 2019 10:32:32 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Apache

Ex Member

Hello,
    I replaced the HDD with Seagate 500g, the problem I face is that when i press the power button on the remote to turn the box on the blue light comes on and I can hear a noise like the box can not find the hard drive and also the noise sounds like to box is trying to boot up but cannot, then the noise stop and the picture appears on the screen and the box is fine, have factory reset and formatted the HDD but this did not fix the problem, I can Seclude recordings from the TV guide and on the guide it shows the the red symbol but the box does not record the program.

Hope this helps you
    Thanks
    Matthew

| Tue 10 Sep 2019 20:30:24 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Apache - 1 min ago  » 
    Hello,
    I replaced the HDD with Seagate 500g, the problem I face is that when i press the power button on the remote to turn the box on the blue light comes on and I can hear a noise like the box can not find the hard drive and also the noise sounds like to box is trying to boot up but cannot, then the noise stop and the picture appears on the screen and the box is fine, have factory reset and formatted the HDD but this did not fix the problem, I can Seclude recordings from the TV guide and on the guide it shows the the red symbol but the box does not record the program.
    Hope this helps you
    Thanks
    Matthew

Was the drive a seagate pipeline drive or just a 500GB sata drive designed for a PC ?

Can you live pause TV ?

If you switch to a different channel and watch for say 10 mins and then press the instant record button do you get a recording in the recordings list about 10 mins long ?

If you set a watch recording reservation from the epg, does the box switch to that channel as the programme starts ?

| Tue 10 Sep 2019 20:33:18 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Apache

Ex Member

Hello
    I think the hard drive is a seagate 500g sata for a pc, can not pause live TV. If I watch the channel for ten minutes I press the record button but nothing happens.
    Do you think I have installed the wrong hard drive, if so can you tell me witch hard drive I need.
    Thanks Matthew.

| Tue 10 Sep 2019 21:00:56 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Apache - 14 mins ago  » 
    Hello
    I think the hard drive is a seagate 500g sata for a pc, can not pause live TV. If I watch the channel for ten minutes I press the record button but nothing happens.
    Do you think I have installed the wrong hard drive, if so can you tell me witch hard drive I need.
    Thanks Matthew.

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-ST3500312CS-Pipeline-HD-Internal/dp/B002CMOH26&tag=blusas008-21

| Tue 10 Sep 2019 21:15:24 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Apache

Ex Member

Hello,
    Thanks for getting back to me, so if I change the hard drive to a pipeline hard drive will the problems I am facing go. Please can you let me know.
    Thanks
    Matthew

| Tue 10 Sep 2019 21:35:09 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Apache - 2 mins ago  » 
    Hello,
    Thanks for getting back to me, so if I change the hard drive to a pipeline hard drive will the problems I am facing go. Please can you let me know.
    Thanks
    Matthew

Impossible to say except that other than recordings/time shifting your box appears to work as it should. If it has a fault it's a very obscure one . If you buy the drive from Amazon and it doesn't work you can return it for a full refund under the distance selling regulations so you have nothing to lose. If you bought the replacement drive new, send it back as faulty.

| Tue 10 Sep 2019 21:43:45 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Apache

Ex Member

Hello,

I have changed the hard drive to a pipeline hard drive and this went fine, the picture can straight on, so I formatted the hard drive and reset the box, so the box went though the setup again and this went fine, can set recording from the guide and the recordings record onto the hard drive but when I try to play the recording back all I get is a black screen and no sound and the timer is at 0, then the following appears on the screen, can’t support this video format due to invalid format.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Matthew

| Sun 29 Sep 2019 21:19:40 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.