My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Cannot Record (disc with line through appears)

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ca207

My grandparents have a new 1800T, and whilst i was staying with them I set everything up and it was working fine. They have just been on holiday, and on their return they cannot record anything. When they press record on the remote a disc appears in the top right hand corner of the careen with a line through.
    Over the phone I went through all the setting, but in the setting menu, Recordings is grayed out.
    It's very difficult for me to help them, as I live fairly far away and am trying to help over the phone having very very little knowledge of how the box works.
    Does anyone know what the issue is? It won't record from the TV channel directly or the Guide.
    Thanks!

| Tue 29 Sep 2015 11:46:10 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Have you checked the hard disk isn't full ? Can existing recordings be played back ?

| Tue 29 Sep 2015 14:48:04 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Ca207 - 3 hours ago  » 
    Over the phone I went through all the setting, but in the setting menu, Recordings is grayed out.

It sounds to me as though either the hard drive has failed or the file system has gone read only. Depending on which of the two possibilities, either the drive may need to be replaced or reformatted from the Installation menu. The easiest way forward would be for your grandparents to ring up Humax support.

| Tue 29 Sep 2015 14:56:44 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.