Secondary DNS Server 0.0.0.0

Wired Connection (LAN) OK works with DHCP or Manual
    Internet OK
    IP Address 192.168.1.158
    Netmask 255.255.255.0
    Gateway Address 192.168.1.1
    Primary DNS Server 192.168.1.1
    Secondary DNS Server 0.0.0.0

The main router is Vodafone model THG3000 vox3.0 (made in Vietnam by Technicolor)

firewall ON
    port mapping none
    Static NAT/DMZ Off
    DNS 8.8.8.8 (google)
    DNS2 8.8.4.4 (google)
    UPnP ON
    DHCP ON

The AP is Zyxel AMG1302-T11B (DHCP OFF) wired through main router THG3000

There is no problem when using a wired connection (either direct from THG3000 or through Zyxel AMG1302-T11B, both work OK

| Fri 18 Oct 2019 0:24:02 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

There is no problem when using a wired connection (either direct from THG3000 or through Zyxel AMG1302-T11B, both work OK

If you are saying that the policy page problem is solved with a wired connection then, from what you have posted here, it seems that you have the same issue with wireless connection that I have seen before and not yet solved. For some reason, many ISP supplied routers cannot handle FVP access to the internet when the DNS server is shown as your main router. I have seen this with BT and Plusnet routers (SAGEM) and with a low end Draytek 2760 (LINUX firmware - no longer supported). It seems that the DNS routers need to be the ones from your ISP - not the Gateway (Router). I suspect that the DNS cache in the router doesn't maintain the IP address of the HUMAX portal correctly as I did discover that rebooting both the router and the FVP solved the problem for a few hours. But I have absolutely no idea why this should be so. You might try a call to HUMAX to see if they can shed any light.
    It would be interesting to see whether catch up services work correctly when using a wireless connection - after a few hours or days after a reboot.

| Fri 18 Oct 2019 8:05:47 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ReRo

It was an issue with the router (Zyxel AMG1302-T11B):
    I created a new network
    'Network Setting', 'More/guest AP', 'Modify' (Opens 'More AP Edit' box)
    Check 'Enable Wireless LAN'
    type a name into 'Wireless Network Name(SSID):' EG: "test"
    Enter a security key into 'Pre-Shared Key:' EG: "password"
    click 'OK' (the 'More AP Edit' box closes).

The new AP 'test' showed on the Humax and when selected the privacy policy screen worked.

I then went back to the router and compared the settings between the 2 Wireless networks (the 'test' I had setup and the existing network)
    there was a difference was on the 'MAC Authentitication' tab which I reset to 'disable'.

Now both the original and 'test' wireless networks work OK - the privacy policy screen appears when connected via either of the wireless networks.

The NO privacy screen problem can be reproduced by selecting a "BTWiFi-FON" WLAN connection.
    (No security key is needed to connect but on a PC/LapTop/smartphone there is a splashscreen to complete before connection to the internet is given).

| Fri 25 Oct 2019 10:58:29 #13 |
  4. Trev

Trev

special member

Yep. A MAC filter that does not allow the box will stop it communicating. That's what it is for: To prevent devices with an unknown MAC address joining the network.

| Fri 25 Oct 2019 11:25:35 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.