My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Cannot Verify Postcode

(34 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

autolycus

Not really. It was during the really good weather that the problem started and it persisted through yesterday when the weather was pretty much the same as today. I did mess around a bit with connectors as the upstairs was just bare cables. Perhaps i screwed something in the box at that point which was rectified with the reset? Anyway, as i said, it all seems to be spot on now.

| Mon 23 Sep 2019 19:32:22 #31 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

autolycus - 31 mins ago  » 
    Not really. It was during the really good weather that the problem started and it persisted through yesterday when the weather was pretty much the same as today. I did mess around a bit with connectors as the upstairs was just bare cables. Perhaps i screwed something in the box at that point which was rectified with the reset? Anyway, as i said, it all seems to be spot on now.

Ignore the grease - not needed for indoor connections.

http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/fplugs.htm

| Mon 23 Sep 2019 20:04:20 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

autolycus

Bookmarked!

| Mon 23 Sep 2019 20:23:32 #33 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

autolycus - 1 hour ago  » 
    Bookmarked!

Most problems we see here are down to loose/incorrectly fitted screw on f connectors or stray screen connections short circuiting the core screen insulation. . That includes me, however. The first thing I always check is the fit of the screw on connector. If loose a single turn of vinyl insulation tape over the coax screen is all that is needed to make the connection secure. Plumbing ptfe tape may may well do the same.

| Mon 23 Sep 2019 21:33:13 #34 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.