My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Cannot watch when recording

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Phill

My new box can record ok but when it is busy recording my Sony tv cannot 'see' the Humax. Powering the box off then on solves the problem but stops recording, of course.
    Anyone help?
    Thanks.

| Tue 22 May 2018 19:31:27 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Did you press the power on button on the box remote ? While recording in sby the video and audio outputs are turned off.

If you did try turning off cec hdmi control on the TV.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/hdmi-cec-known-as-by-manufacturer-3

Welcome to our forum.

| Tue 22 May 2018 19:37:49 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Phill - 4 hours ago  » 
    My new box can record ok but when it is busy recording my Sony tv cannot 'see' the Humax. Powering the box off then on solves the problem but stops recording, of course.

The usual solution with Humax recorders is very simple.
    When this happens use the Sony remote to switch the source. The switch source button is the one with the rectangle with an arrow going into it. With many Sony TV remotes that is the button at the top left of the remote.

| Tue 22 May 2018 23:50:44 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Phill

Thanks for the replies.
    I did attempt to turn on the box via remote and also on the box itself but no response. The Sony would not see anything on HDMI 1, the port the box connects to.
    The box continued to record the programme I had set, but carried on recording the same channel for 50 odd minutes after the stop time, only unplugging the power lead stopped the box, and after re plugging it was 'seen' once more by the Sony and all functions worked again.
    The recording was fine, with a huge over run.
    Imse an earlier corespondent mentioned much the same problem using a Sony tv.
    If this is a problem of compatibility with Sony then maybe I should get a refund and find a compatible box...ideas welcome...

| Wed 23 May 2018 7:03:33 #4 |
  5. Trev

Trev

special member

The Humax T2 does exactly that occasionally. It,s a crash and only a power down will fix it. It should not happen very often. It has only done it for me once since I got the T2 box 4 or 5 years ago, but it happens to others more frequently.
    If it persists doing it, then take it back as faulty, especially if it is demonstrable.

| Wed 23 May 2018 15:18:56 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Phill

Humax have given up and suggested that I return the box to Currys for exchange.
    I exchanged it for a refund instead.
    I plugged in my previous Humax freesat box to the Sony and all functions fine.
    Guess I shall not be buying a new Humax for quite a while after this débacle.
    Thanks to you guys for your help.
    Phill.

| Fri 25 May 2018 10:46:25 #6 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Strange that you had this problem., I have a FVP 5000T connected to Sony Bravia KDL-32W755B with no issues to date - HDMI CEC is set to off on TV and FVP.

I'll set HDMI CEC (bravia link) to on and see if I can replicate.

| Fri 25 May 2018 11:03:45 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Phill

Well my link was turned off but the problem remained. Humax will no doubt receive the box back from Currys some time...but unless Currys give them a run down on the problem...unlikely...they will just receive it back as "unwanted" and not investigate.
    I see correspondence on this forum about the previous model's software issues. Any connection, I wonder?

| Fri 25 May 2018 14:25:54 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.